1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

300: Rise of an Empire

Discussion in 'Tilted Entertainment' started by Xerxes, Aug 1, 2013.

1. Xerxes

Xerxes Bulking.

Guys! I can't move! I just creamed my pants and I need someone to move me from this chair and wash me.

This is one movie I never thought would have a reboot and I have absolutely no idea why I am surprised in a decade destined for reboots. Let's just say I am not approaching March of next year with an open mind. I have expectations people. And they are high.

NOLAN! ZACK! You motherfuckers have ONE year and ONE job. Get this shit right or I swear to god I don't know what the fuck I'll do!

2. Baraka_Guru

Baraka_Guru Möderätor Staff Member

I hope there's lots of speed ramping.

3. Bodkin van Horn

Bodkin van Horn One of the Four Horsewomyn of the Fempocalypse

I don't know about the reboot, but the only time I've seen any parts of the original, it was on a teevee at the gym whilst I was lifting weights. The sound was off. It seemed to me at the time that it was the type of movie that would be completely ridiculous outside the context of sweaty, grunty repetitive weight-pushing.

4. Baraka_Guru

Baraka_Guru Möderätor Staff Member

I saw the original. It's enjoyable if you watch it for what it's trying to do. It's a feast for the eyes, but it has little depth.

It's spectacle lightly tempered with plot. Don't expect much else.

In other words, it's a popcorn movie.

What worries me about the sequel is that they might have tried to do too much with character. With this kind of movie, that can fail miserably.

5. Bodkin van Horn

Bodkin van Horn One of the Four Horsewomyn of the Fempocalypse

I'm not saying it wasn't enjoyable. But it was totally ridiculous. It's a lot like Transformers.

6. redravin

redravin Cynical Optimist Donor

I haven't seen the movie yet.
    Have to say I enjoyed 300 mostly because it was a straight across take on the graphic novel rather than having anything to do with history.

I did enjoy I09 review of the movie.
    It has an almost Ebert level of snark so while even if you don't agree with the opinion, it's darned fun to read.

The 300 sequel is Zack Snyder's greatest intellectual masterpiece

7. Chris Noyb

Chris Noyb Get in, buckle up, hang on, & be quiet.

8. rogue49

rogue49 Tech Kung Fu Artist Staff Member

Well 300: ROAE takes what it did in the original 300 and kicked it up a notch.
    Explosions now...god knows the body count...

In 300, the background & history was a bit ambiguous...300 ^2 fills in the blanks, for both history and character rationale.

Those who like men, will still like the rippling stomachs. (makes me want to go work out at a gym 24/7)

Eva Green does it for those who like women.
    She throws herself into the role and then some...no holding back for this woman.
    You'll appreciate the efforts she made. And her acting was cool too. :D
    I might be biased...

Again, good popcorn movie.
    Even the 3D version was worthwhile.