1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

9/11: What Really Happened

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Eddie, Nov 5, 2011.

1. Eddie Getting Tilted

What mass media and the government have told us is that jet fuel weakened the steel structure and caused the pancake collapse of all 3 WTC buildings. But there is so much overwhelming evidence that shoots this theory down, that the evidence can't be discounted. Rather than take the government's word for it, how about we present a little real evidence in this thread.

I'll start by linking this website which is filled with expert accounts of studies done according to actual evidence. Before you ignore these "crazy" conspiracy theories consider that over 1600 certified, professional Architects and Engineers support a controlled demolition of WTC.

Here's a video to start you out on some basic 9/11 truths and untruths:

2. MSD

MSD Very Tilted

Since you're new to this iteration of TFP I'll give you a pass for not realizing how extensively this has been discussed and debated. If you want to discuss evidence, bring up specific points from the official version of events that you feel are lacking or false and we can discuss them. Throwing an entire website and 18 minute video at everyone and saying "ok, discuss." is not productive when you provide only a vague blanket accusation with overly generalized support for your claim.

3. Tully Mars

Tully Mars Very Tilted

• Like Like x 2
  4. the_jazz

the_jazz Accused old lady puncher

• Like Like x 1
  5. Eddie Getting Tilted

I did a thorough thread search and couldn't find any threads dedicated to discussing 9/11 theories.

Further, I posted the video and the website because it best sums up what I believe and what every Truther believes. If a person isn't willing to take a few minutes to view the evidence and the expert studies then it simply shows they aren't willing to entertain any theories outside of what the government has told us. Truthers are mocked for what we believe even though we continue to disprove the official story. We have the evidence to support our claims whereas the government does not.

The most common response to a Truther is a knee jerk reaction, like one we just saw from Tully. And while I have been hounded on TFP for not supporting my opinions with facts, I imagine I'll see a lot more responses like his. The evidence supporting a controlled demolition of WTC is overwhelming. If you can't take the time to review the evidence on the video and on the website, then you're simply not interested in the truth.

6. the_jazz

See, I read that as "I'm not willing to do the work necessary to prove my case, so I'll just steal it from someone who is" - but that's because I'm jaded from the last version. Everyone - other than you Eddie - who's posted in this thread posted in the other one over at 4.0 and feels like they've exhausted the conversation. That's not a great attitude, but it's the one you're dealing with. If you're not willing to do the job it's going to take to overcome that, you're probably not going to find much interest in this thread.

Just trying to help.

7. Eddie Getting Tilted

We're talking about scientific evidence, charts, chemical compounds, expert analysis, architectural blueprints, engineering simulations. And while I could spend time dragging all that out onto this forum via copy/paste, I figured it most efficient to link to the site that has compiled all this data. Maybe people are afraid to open those links because it could lead to a crack in their fragile reality. I don't know. I know that before I stopped to take good, close look at the evidence my responses to Truthers were exactly like Tully's. I know what it's like to be the one pointing the finger at the conspiracy theorists.

Look, I know what I believe and I know the evidence which supports my belief. But really, take a look at the towers freefalling and tell me that the structural steel frame didn't give way all at once. There was not even a hint of resistance during the collapse anywhere in the steel structure. Free falling into it's own foot print. It's a text book controlled demo. If it walks like a duck and sounds like a duck....it's probably a duck. But it's not a duck if our government says it's not.

8. Baraka_Guru

Baraka_Guru Möderätor Staff Member

Don't you think that only 1,600 certified professional architects and engineers supporting the theory of a controlled demolition of WTC is a bit curious? That probably doesn't even represent 1% of them in the U.S....

Which is curious.

These are the positions of a fringe minority.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Eddie Getting Tilted

These are just the one who have come out. Publicly stating that, based upon your professional opinion, WTC was a controlled demolition could be immensely damaging to your career. Just the fact that over 1600 came out should be compelling.

10. the_jazz

I'm afraid that you're destined to be disappointed by this thread, in that case. You're simply not willing to do the work that it's going to take to get much more than fly-by disagreements. Which is what you've got so far and what's most likely to continue. You'll probably get the occassional agreement from someone, but most are going to glance and go.

11. Hektore

Hektore Slightly Tilted

The idea that there exists in the world an organization of sufficient competence to design, implement and cover-up a conspiracy on this order of magnitude requires significantly more credulity than any evidence I've seen provided by a 'Truther'.

• Like Like x 4
  12. Eddie Getting Tilted

So, you're willing to ignore scientific evidence simply because you have difficulty wrapping your head around a particular idea? Does that seem intelligent to you? Not trying to be insulting, just wondering.
    --- merged: Nov 5, 2011 8:06 PM ---
    I'm willing to address any comment posted on this thread. If that's not effort enough then I'm afraid I'll just never please you.

13. Hektore

Hektore Slightly Tilted

If that's what I said then that's what I said. (hint: It's not what I said.)

• Like Like x 3
  14. Eddie Getting Tilted

Ok, then let's discuss the scientific evidence. Because honestly, this thread isn't a "whodunnit" thread, it's a 'what happened to the WTC on 9/11' thread. I don't presume to know the depths of power or ability of the world's elite to conspire. I think that subject is better suited for a "Bilderberg Group, Illuminati" type thread. Of which I would be very interested in participating because I have my own theories.

15. cynthetiq

cynthetiq Administrator Staff Member Donor

Damn. I have no way to say anything here because it's all been said before, since Eddie's position is stated in that video, and I'm pretty positive that my position is encompassed in the thread that the_jazz posted, I'm sure many of us can find a point to discuss within either link. So there you go we can watch the video and read the thread. End of discussion because there's no opportunity for one.

Eddie, really MSD was being very benevolent in not just locking the thread, while you did put some thought into writing something in the OP it's not framed as a discussion so it makes it hard to discuss. 9/11 is a wide playfield that encompasses everything from civil rights to Arab-American relations.
    --- merged: Nov 5, 2011 8:48 PM ---
    Clinton administration couldn't hide a blowjob, Bush Administration could pull off a WMD plant evidence. I don't think either can do something of this magnitude.

• Like Like x 2
  16. Eddie Getting Tilted

Yet here we are, discussing it.

You may not think it's possible to cover up a controlled demolition of the WTC, but that doesn't change the fact that the evidence support it.
    --- merged: Nov 5, 2011 8:54 PM ---
    I find it revealing that the only input the moderators have in this thread is to tell me that it's not a viable thread and not conducive to discussion. I'm starting to understand that this sort of moderator threadjacking is commonplace around here. Can we please just stick to the OP?

17. cynthetiq

cynthetiq Administrator Staff Member Donor

Eddie, not really a threadjack, more to help you and other people who read the thread understand that we're trying to help frame and promote discussion. The OP doesn't, the point where you say the quote below:
    THAT helps it become a discussion it gives some starting/launching point. Everyone else is again, trying to help draw out the discussion from you. Like I said, we're a self policing group, everyone tries to help the community out.

It didn't give way ALL at once. It gave way at certain points where the structure was weakened most.

This is probably the most compelling video debunking the controlled demo belief.

18. MSD

MSD Very Tilted

You're misunderstanding me. I love debating conspiracy theories. My response was that you're not going about this in a productive way. There's a good reason that professional publications are papers with citations rather than a smug assertion of a viewpoint and a bibliography.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Eddie Getting Tilted

Cyn, from the video you posted above, this statement is completely false: "Even so, the fact that no explosions can be heard in any of the videos coupled with the fact that no evidence of explosives were found at Ground Zero, makes the controlled-demolition theory an impossibility."

And how can you say that these building didn't freefall? That's exactly what they did. They freefell in to their own footprint. All 3 WTC buildings freefell. There was no resistance or tipping of the structures.

Explosions were heard and demonstrated in live video not to mention numerous eye witness accounts... and explosive material, specifically thermite and nano-thermite was found in the debris. Also, molten steel was found in the debris. Jet fuel cannot burn hot enough to cause molten steel. Don't believe me? Watch the video I posted.

Here's a video compiling numerous live video accounts, news broadcasts and eyewitness accounts documenting several concurrent explosions, secondary explosions:

--- merged: Nov 5, 2011 9:38 PM ---
    Your opinion is noted. Can we get back the OP now?

20. Hektore

Hektore Slightly Tilted

While these things were at the forefront of my mind, I didn't want to closer the door so far as to exclude specific agencies or organizations which could theoretically operate without executive knowledge.

Somewhat unfortunately for your position, the plausibility of a conspiracy vanishes when the plausibility of the existence of the requisite conspirators is so monumentally unlikely as to be a practically insurmountable barrier.