1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

A lady's Passing

Discussion in 'Tilted Art, Photography, Music & Literature' started by Drider_it, Feb 12, 2012.

1. Drider_it

Drider_it New Member

My mom of 69yrs passed this week. I wrote a story once of how my uncle died and how I felt about it. I wrote another for my mom. It's not perfect nor was it meant to be. Yet again, it covers my emotions and feeling in earnest. Thank you all.

The knight stood collecting his thoughts. The presence of Death could be felt ahead of him. Through the closed doors, Death came yet again in the knights life. Battle would be done this night.

The knight tightened his grip on the sword of God, his weapon against the darkness. His shield positioned to the fore. The whole armor of God, covered his flesh protecting him. With a mighty shout to the heavens, the knight rushed to the closed doors. His shield slammed into the locked doors.

Splintered wood and twisted metal gave way, as the knight entered the room. There before him lay the lady. Her body crippled and broken. Deaths agents held her there, she could barely move. Her breath coming is ragged intakes, counting down her last moments upon this mortal realm. Her sight darkened by Deaths darkness.

She had held on for so long. Her once strong heart, weak now.. Ready to give in to the sweet embrace of her passing. Yet Death, again and again, holding her here.

Death hissed at the knight, remembering his last defeat years ago. The warriors soul had been caught up to his God's embrace. Death was determined to with hold this mortals passing, and wear her down so he might claim the beautiful soul waiting to leave.

The knight knelled and began to pray. The lady began her last breath. Time yet again slowed.

"... So we do not lose heart. Though our outer self is wasting away, our inner self is being renewed day by day. For this light momentary affliction is preparing for us an eternal weight of glory beyond all comparison, as we look not to the things that are seen but to the things that are unseen. For the things that are seen are transient, but the things that are unseen are eternal."

The servants of Death rushed the knight. Their cries of anger pouring over the knight trying to break his spirit.

"... for God gave us a spirit not of fear but of power and love and self-control."

The knight raised his shield, catching the first creature in the chest. Ribs cracked, the force of the blow expelling the shadow's breath. Forcing the shadow to the wall pinning it to his shield, the knight smiled as it faded into the darkness forever. Spinning to the left, the knight brought his sword to bear on the next shadow. A flash of light, caught by the setting sun's rays illuminated the shadow as the sword sunk into its mid rift tearing it to whips of smoke. The echo of its screams followed it into oblivion.

The knight cried in anguish, under his guard a shadow slipped past his guard and struck his side. The cold embrace of Death filled him as he pushed away from the attack.

"... I can do all things through him who strengthens me."

The knight roared and a in a whirlwind of his blade, met the shadow creature. Strike after strike fell against the creature until the knight saw it melt into the floor.

The knight stood, his legs heavy. His life's blood pooling on the floor before him. Yet he would not yield to Death, the lady before him had stopped breathing. Time stopped. The knight's eyes grew wide as a multitude of shadow creatures flew at him from Death's wings. Surrounding the knight and pinning him to the ground. The knight cried out in anger and sorrow as he saw Death's hand reach into her chest to gather her soul.

"... He gives power to the weak and strength to the powerless."

As Death's hands began to close on the lady's soul, the knight began to sing his Lords praise. Light pulsed in time with his song from her soul. Death backed away, unable to prevent the glorious rebirth. The shadows that held him were vaporized as God majesty filled the room. Death lay pinned to the wall, held there to watch his failure.
    The lady stood, bathed in the Love of God. Her spirit renewed. Her body whole and complete. Sickness and death behind her.

"... Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest."

Time came back in a rush of glory. The knight bowed in thanksgiving. The lady placed her hand on his head. Tears of sorrow and joy coursed down his cheeks. Thankful that she was healed and whole. Sad that she was gone for now, that he would see her upon another day in the future.
    Her words whispered to him on a spiritual level his soul received.

"... I am leaving you with a gift—peace of mind and heart. And the peace I give is a gift the world cannot give. So don’t be troubled or afraid."

The lady turned to face death, as she began to ascend. Her words cut into Death better than any weapon could.

"... It is the same way with the resurrection of the dead. Our earthly bodies are planted in the ground when we die, but they will be raised to live forever. Our bodies are buried in brokenness, but they will be raised in glory. They are buried in weakness, but they will be raised in strength. They are buried as natural human bodies, but they will be raised as spiritual bodies. For just as there are natural bodies, there are also spiritual bodies."

Death screamed as the last words were uttered. Banished from the room to its dark realm. The lady turned to watch the knight in prayer, smiled and went to join those that came before her. The power and the glory of the Lord comforting her.

2. Zen

Zen Very Tilted

Ah ... I'd seen your other thread, but not this one.

May she rest in peace, and you take care.