1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

Actors Who Think They Can Sing and Get Away With It

Discussion in 'Tilted Art, Photography, Music & Literature' started by AlterMoose, May 22, 2013.

1. AlterMoose

AlterMoose Slightly Tilted

Here comes another video thread. I hope it takes. Surely we've all had that moment when one of our favourite actors broke out in song and we had that "well what do you know about that" reaction. So, nice and simple. Put up some of your faves.

This first one sums up the whole idea for the thread. It's where the title came from.

--- merged: May 22, 2013 at 10:20 PM ---
    I envy those of you living in the UK where the new album is already available. I know what I'm asking for for Christmas this year.

Last edited by a moderator: May 29, 2013
  2. redux

redux Very Tilted

This instantly came to mind

• Like Like x 1
  3. Baraka_Guru

Baraka_Guru Möderätor Staff Member

4. Speed_Gibson

Speed_Gibson Hacking the Gibson

In the hubba hubba department, one of the classic beauties. Dorothy may not qualify technically as she was just as well known if not better as a singer on the radio in the 30's. These films would be on my "Stuck on a deserted island list"

and on that note, from The Road to Rio -

Last edited: May 22, 2013
    • Like Like x 1
  5. snowy

snowy so kawaii Staff Member

No, you totally read my mind. Love that song.

6. AlterMoose

Laughability counts every bit as actual musical ability!!

7. snowy

snowy so kawaii Staff Member

And Gwyneth can sing:

• Like Like x 1
  8. AlterMoose

As a side note, I believe Robin and Lily should have worn suits more often. There's probably some psychological mumbo-jumbo at work there....

--- merged: May 23, 2013 4:08 AM ---
    Allow me to gather my jaw up from the floor long enough to say yeah, we'll count that one.

Last edited by a moderator: May 30, 2013
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Speed_Gibson

Dottie was a timeless beauty that ranks up there with Lillian Gish, Gene Tierney, and Lauren Bacall. In not very shocking news to anyone that knows me, my list of favourite actresses is going to include a boatload of B&W films and not very many of them still alive.* My interest in the current hollywood culture is not that much at all compared to years past.

*Although Olivia De Havilland is still around at 97; Lauren Bacall is the other one still alive I can think of off the top of my head.

10. This is the first thing that came to my mind...

You can't have a thread about celebs singing without this gem:

11. the_jazz

the_jazz Accused old lady puncher

This is the one that I always think of when this topic comes up.

That's a grossly unrated movie.

• Like Like x 2
  12. rogue49

rogue49 Tech Kung Fu Artist Staff Member

IMHO, it's not the actors who think they can sing and get away with it. (Actors are notorious exhibitionists...)

It's those who ALLOW the actors a venue or medium...and market it, that are in question.
    Much less those who purchase it... :rolleyes:

It's not for those who do to judge, but those who observe.

Man, give me a million...and I'll make a better show than a significant number of those that I have seen.

Sometimes, I think the production companies are just doing these just to claim losses, but gain or hide money elsewhere. (just like the comedy, "The Producers")

13. Speed_Gibson

That is one of my favourite songs, especially the recordings that Der Bingle did of it. I had almost forgotten that Bruce used to have actual hair until I see things like Die Hard or Moonlighting.
    --- merged: May 23, 2013 at 11:56 AM ---
    Epic. Reminded me of this gem, I bought it on itunes awhile back.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Speed_Gibson

An actor who looks like the singer he portrayed and arguably rivals if not surpasses him as a singer with all due respect to Mr. Darin.

--- merged: Jun 19, 2013 at 3:28 PM ---

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 26, 2013