1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

Alice Cooper doing a 4D concert in the UK

Discussion in 'Tilted Art, Photography, Music & Literature' started by pan6467, Jan 2, 2012.

1. pan6467

pan6467 a triangle in a circular world.

Only the King would do this..... all hail ALICE COOPER......

http://blog.zap2it.com/pop2it/2011/04/alice-cooper-performing-an-entire-concert-as-a-hologram.html

Yes, you read that headline right. ​
    Alice Cooper
    will be performing an entire concert as a hologram.​
    Cooper is celebrating the release of their​
    "
    Old School: 1964-1974"
    box set with the first holographic 4D concert called "Jagermeister Ice Cold Event" in London, Spinner ​
    reports
    . The event will take place on May 11, at Battersea Power Station.​
    "We couldn't resist this," Cooper says on the band's ​
    website
    . "Working with Jagermeister to appear as holograms on the other side of the Atlantic is the ultimate experience, a cutting-edge conjuring trick that celebrates the future and our history. We can't wait to see the results."​
    The concert will the the first time the band has appeared live together in the UK since 1972. This isn't the first time Cooper is breaking a record in holographic form. ​
    Salvadore Dali
    turned Cooper's likeness into a 3D holographic sculpture -- the world's first -- in 1973.​
    800 tickets are available for the show, but are only available to UK fans.​

2. 'Twould be soooo cool to be able to attend. Guess I'll have to be satisfied with the boxed set when it's available.

• Like Like x 1
  3. aquafox

aquafox Getting Tilted

He's looking a little old now a days... I'm really curious as to what technology they will be using to pull this off... how the hell do you appear as a hologram? Are they just going to play a holographic recording for the audience while he's at home sleeping? I would take a box set over that.

[​IMG]

4. Speed_Gibson

Speed_Gibson Hacking the Gibson

The '4D' means they are using Kias equipped with Flux capacitors powered by North Korean nuclear material to travel back in time and show the younger version of Cooper as a Hologram now.

5. Straight from the holodeck.

6. Zen

Zen Very Tilted

Bloody Hell! that's just up the road from me.

Hmmmm. I doubt I'll be able to go, but I'll keep a watching eye.

As for "Salvadore Dali turned Cooper's likeness into a 3D holographic sculpture -- the world's first -- in 1973." ... I'd like to know when the 3D holographic sculpture of Jimi Hendrix in Brest, France was done ... I saw that somewhere around 1973. I'll do some hunting (googling) around over the next couple of days.

Oh, just saw "800 fans" will be able to see Cooper's work. Yup. Zero probability that I'll be going.

However, here's a picture of the venue, Battersea Power station. I took it last year, when on the train to London.

[​IMG]

7. pan6467

Actually an older Alice adds to his character. Trust me I've seen him twice in the past 6 years and both times he moved around great and his voice was better than it was in the 70's and 80's. He has a wonderful band backing him.

Being the showman Alice is I seriously doubt he'll be in bed. My guess is that it will be a hologram of the band playing "live" elsewhere and at the end, who knows he may even make a real life appearance to shock and awe the crowd.

This maybe the future of concerts also. imagine a band playing in NYC and you being able to go to an arena/amphitheater and seeing that concert "live" no filmed or on "pay per view" but as a hologram. I think it would be so cool. Who knows maybe get bands from the 60's 70's and so on that had filmed concerts and rework them so that you could go see the hologram of Hendrix/Joplin/the Who (in their prime with Keith and John)/ The Stones with Brian Jones/ the Beatles/Beach Boys/etc.

I have a feeling if this Alice concert works and they can create a market for this type of concert where it'll make money, someone like Virgin's Richard Branson will do it.

8. Charlatan

Charlatan sous les pavés, la plage

Is this how aging rock stars try to regain relevance these days?

9. pan6467

I'll take aging rock stars over the garbage they call music today. Really has society sank so low as to try to get the next big star from a talent show?

• Like Like x 2
  10. Charlatan

Charlatan sous les pavés, la plage

You know, pan... you really aren't listening to the right music. The new music that's being created today is amazing. Amazing!

Embrace the new, ignore the dreck.