1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

Annoying telesales and how to deal with them

Discussion in 'Found on the Net' started by chinese crested, Dec 29, 2011.

1. sandbubba

sandbubba New Member

2. Flesque

Flesque New Member

Agreed, there aren't as many of these as there used to be (thankfully, at least with spam you don't have to get out of the shower to discover it's junk). But my wife used to have fun with them since my father, I, and my son all share the same first given name. Only my son actually goes by it. So when they would call, she would tease them with questions about which one of us they wanted, just to confuse them, like, "Did you want Sr?" "Yes" "He lives in Iowa" "Oh, well, perhaps the son" "He's in first grade right now". It became a variation on the old vaudeville joke of "who's on first". (And if you've never heard the old vaudevillians like Joey Faye run this gag, it's HILARIOUS!).