1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

Anyone else playing Ingress?

Discussion in 'Tilted Entertainment' started by Spiritsoar, Jul 22, 2014.

1. Spiritsoar

Spiritsoar Slightly Tilted

I just started playing Ingress not long ago and I'm loving it. It's giving me a reason to get out and explore my local area, meet new local Enlightened folks, and in general I'm having a blast turning the map green. Are there any other agents on TFP?

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  2. redravin

redravin Cynical Optimist Donor

Wasn't familiar with the game, after doing some reading it looks like it could be a lot of fun.
    I wonder if there are many players up here.

3. Spiritsoar

I don't know whereabouts you are, or I would check the intel map for you. The town where I live is tiny, but I know there are at least 2 Resistance members I spar with, and I'm finding more and more players in the local area. It's been really good for getting me out of the house. I've found it actually seems easier to start where it's a little more rural. In population dense areas there's a limited amount of things you can do on your own at low level. Out in the sticks it's easier to find unclaimed portals to level up on. I'd encourage anyone with a smartphone to give it a try.

4. MSD

MSD Very Tilted

I've been playing Resistance since shortly after the game was initially released and you needed an invite. I'm making the push to level 11 right now and should be there within the next 6 weeks. I'll be up in Boston for the anomaly this Saturday.

5. Spiritsoar

Nice! I just hit level 5, the medal requirements for the post-8 levels look insane. I wish I could get to an anomaly, hopefully someday.

6. MSD

MSD Very Tilted

If they don't have events in your area, get together with your community and make your own. Everyone loves megafields.

7. Spiritsoar

I'm kinda rural, but I have been making it a point to connect with the other nearby players. I think it's structured really well to encourage community and teamwork

8. TheSurgeOn

TheSurgeOn Getting Tilted

I'm liking the combination of tech and game, more like this will come.

9. cornelius70

cornelius70 New Member

I just started playing it myself. I'm getting used to it but really enjoy it so far.

10. MSD

MSD Very Tilted

Anyone involved in the Helios anomaly series and artifacts? I got my Helios badge in Boston and have since been pulled up like a cow abducted by aliens to work on things relevant to global resistance.

11. Spiritsoar

I wish I could have been, got pulled to Kentucky for work and couldn't make it.

12. Azharen

Azharen Getting Tilted

I hop in whenever I'm near a node. But I'm not an avid player. I would be if I were more mobile.

13. MSD

MSD Very Tilted

Just saw via Facebook that Cynthetiq is now a fellow Resistance member.

(apparently I can't tag people in posts anymore)

14. MSD

MSD Very Tilted

If anyone on either side is playing alone, please let me know what area you play in and your agent name and I'll pass it up the chain to get you set in your local communities. I am not affiliated with the game in any official way, but I know people in high places on both sides.

15. MSD

MSD Very Tilted

PM me if you're going to Darsana Hartford

16. cynthetiq

cynthetiq Administrator Staff Member Donor

I really need to learn how to play and just what I'm doing besides hacking and linking.

17. Spiritsoar

Hacking, linking, and fielding are the basics, but it really gets more fun when you link up with the local community. Having more coordinated attacks, defense, and cooperative play is much more interesting.

18. MSD

MSD Very Tilted

I'm PMing you the info to get in touch with NYC Resistance

Last edited: Oct 22, 2014