1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

Appliance Recommendations

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by genuinemommy, Aug 31, 2021.

1. genuinemommy

genuinemommy Moderator Staff Member

Samsung parts are apparently impossible to obtain second hand / from junk shops around here. Parts from the manufacturer are as expensive as a new machine. So when they break, they're broken for good.

And everything in the general class of machine that we prefer is out of stock everywhere without a reasonable eta.

Thankfully we got our fridge running again but our dishwasher may be out of the picture for a while yet.

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. Chris Noyb

Chris Noyb Get in, buckle up, hang on, & don't criticize.

We had a fridge where a simple plastic part cost roughly one fifth of what the fridge cost new. Fortunately I was able to repair the crack that was causing the shelf in the door to fall using a few strips of Gorilla brand duct tape.

• Like Like x 1