1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Hey Guest!
The donation button is here.
https://goo.gl/aFggcs

Are you really gonna eat that?

Discussion in 'Tilted Food' started by DamnitAll, Sep 11, 2020.

1. DamnitAll

DamnitAll Wait... what? Donor

While there's a lot of subjectivity when it comes to food, certain food truths we hold self-evident across communities large and small, whether they stem from cultural norms, regional trends, or otherwise.

The vast majority of people I know, for example, agree that you don't put salt in your coffee.

I am generally a live and let live sort of person, especially when it comes to choices made that have absolutely no bearing on my daily existence—like someone else's food preferences. But there are some such preferences—choices, hankerings, what have you—that leave me wrinkling my brow in puzzlement and, sometimes, hidden disgust.

My girlfriend, for example, is all about pineapple and onion on her pizza. There aren't many pizza topping combinations I personally want to eat less.

What about you all? What are some things you've seen other folks consume by choice that leave you utterly bewildered? On the flip side, do you find yourself craving certain food preparations/combinations/etc. that leave those around you puzzled by your choices? What, if anything, might we all have in common in terms of what we agree we just won't eat?

Last edited: Sep 11, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  2. tecoyah Getting Tilted

I lived with a woman that constantly used Tofu in dishes that required flavor and did not understand the use of spices.....I had to eat it to avoid being insulting but that stuff was nasty.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Chris Noyb

Chris Noyb Get in, buckle up, hang on, & don't criticize. Donor

One of my favorite pizza combos is:

Ham, pineapple, red onion (sweet is best but red onions can be hit and miss), and black olives.

Tofu definitely needs something to give it flavor, and should be cut into small pieces.

American cheese--Why? It's flavorless. If your going consume something that is pretty much bad for you, it should at least taste good.

• Winner Winner x 1
  4. MrMD069

MrMD069 Very Tilted Donor

I absolutely despise green veggies. Don't know why but I can't stand them. Peas, string beans, etc. are persona non grata in my mouth. Now, I'll eat green peppers and sometimes salad (especially if it has steak or chicken or shrimp on it) but other greens HELL NO!

Again, don't know why, just don't