1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

As Seen on TV: Did you buy it?

Discussion in 'Tilted Gear' started by DamnitAll, Aug 31, 2011.

1. Shadowex3

Shadowex3 Very Tilted

If you occasionally want to blend up very small amounts of light stuff like fruit (no ice) or mini-milkshakes and aren't too picky about texture then it'll probably be fine for you. If you want to do anything frozen or with ice, tougher stuff like nuts, or care about the texture of what comes out then probably you'll want a "real" blender.

2. Kajagoogoo New Member

It's decent for making shakes and cooking for 1 or 2 people.

Anything more, get a real blender.

3. jerseyboy Vertical

I didnt think anyone actually bought these things, but then again they wouldnt continue to make them if people didn't. I wish there was some way to restrict the claims some of the commercials make, they seem so outrageous!

4. Phi Eyed

Phi Eyed Getting Tilted

I get a lot of pleasure out of watching infomercials, I could spend hours being convinced. I just love how they are so phony and do such poor casting. That scheister with the books about everything, (what’s his name, Kevin Trudeau?) uses blonde stripper-types as representatives of everyday joe’s who apparently have a vested interest in how they are being lied to by the government (like they give a shit). So funny.

I have a Snuggie, but I am grateful that someone perfected the design. Too effing long, hard to walk with. If I fall, I will sue.

I want that bug vacuum. I support capture and release ONLY.

5. Speed_Gibson

Speed_Gibson Hacking the Gibson

As bad as it sounds, I just thought of attempting to make a GIMP creation of an "infomercial " with Billy Mays touting Cocaine. My second thoughts were I should still try and that someone out here already has if I actually cared to look on google or wherever else.

6. aquafox

aquafox Getting Tilted

we got someone a snuggie as a more of a prank item once... it was on sale cheap enough.

7. paddyjoe

paddyjoe curious

how did I ever make it this far without my 'Slap-chop'?!?

8. That's evil.

Do it! :D

9. Jackebear New Member

Years ago, I bought the package of Oxi-Clean when it first came out. Saw the infomercial, said "Wow", and bought a box. Been using it ever since. Wish I had a stake in that company because now they are mainstream and partnering with other huge brands.

10. Shadowex3

Shadowex3 Very Tilted

I had the opposite experience with the stuff actually. We tried it... never really seemed to do much of anything.

11. ralphie250

ralphie250 Fully Erect Donor

i dont think my wife would ge that close to a spider to suck it up,
    --- merged: Dec 6, 2011 4:36 PM ---
    that guy is an idiot

12. Cayvmann

Cayvmann Very Tilted

Well Hell, what does she need you for, anymore? heh
    --- merged: Dec 9, 2011 1:24 PM ---
    "You're gonna love my nuts" Vince

13. shhhhhh......

14. Cayvmann

Cayvmann Very Tilted

Hope she didn't read that. I had to get rid of a spider last night for my wife. It wasn't very big, and I argued that it was helping take care of the bug problem, but she insisted.

15. thetemplarswife

thetemplarswife Vertical

I can honestly say that I have never bought anything that was shown on an infomercial or even on the home shopping network. I just think that it is all one big sham to make money. Besides, one of our tv stations here does a weekly segment where they buy different gadgets that are shown on infomercials and they test them to see if they work. Most of the time, they dont.

16. Japchae

Japchae Very Tilted

My brother convinced my mother to get a miracle mop or something... it was made with chamois strips and you life and twist it to wring it.
    It sucked total ass, but she used it for years to justify the cost.
    I bought one of those slap-chop things... it actually worked really well. But, I bought it on clearance at SuperTarget, not on t.v.
    I hate infomercials except for Cold Steel.
    That dude and his ties make me want to buy every sharp object he's selling.

17. Bear Cub

Bear Cub Goes down smooth.

Just tried Oxi-Clean the other day for the first time. Mixed a very concentrated slurry and scrubbed my garbage disposal walls using it with a stiff brush. It was the only thing that made it stop stinking!

18. Freetofly

Freetofly Diving deep into the abyss

I have a friend that has one, Flobe. lol She uses it a lot on her kids.

Almost forgot, bought the Total Gym. Chuck Norris made it look so easy to use. It is, and I love it! Great workout, it does make you sweat. Then I bought the bike to attach to it.

19. Cayvmann

Cayvmann Very Tilted

I should buy a flowbee. It couldn't do a worse job than the last couple of stylists that have butchered my hair.

20. aphex140

aphex140 Vertical

microwave egg cooker - fun until you have to clean the inside of the microwave !

• Like Like x 1