1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

Assaulting a fascist is self defense

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by cynthetiq, Aug 16, 2017.

1. Herculite

Herculite Very Tilted

The lack of self awareness would be amusing if they weren't hurting innocent people.

2. Herculite

Herculite Very Tilted

Ok I've got more time now and I want to expound on this antifa nonsense, something I've been saying for several years and now based on the lefts insane behavior in Europe and now the US. Its starting to happen.

Do you want a *real* far right movement, I mean *real* not Trump, Trump isn't anything close to far right, not Republican, not even conservative bible belt republican, but I'm talking a real, god honest, put them into camps far right movement?

Then antifa needs to just keep doing what they are doing, and they are going to lose big time when it happens. Antifa are basically, to use my highschool vernacular, pantywastes. Fat, or skinny fat, out of shape, papered idiots who would stand no chance when they are not ganging up on lone Trump supporters and ambushing women with pepper spray.

I have, never, donated to a political cause. I'm going to be dropping a check for a couple of thousand but not to the RNC but directly to pro-Trump supporting pacs.

I have never attended a political rally, I've only seen protests from an observer stand point, I've never "marched" or shouted or whatever, and I'm sorely tempted to do so. I'm close to 50. I have kids, I have a career, and yet these punks are pissing me off enough to want to dare one of these neo-fascists antifa to attack me. This is ridiculous. If I feel this way now I can imagine how it would have been at 25 or 30.

And a big part of why I want to do this? I'm a libertarian in mindset, I don't want a far right movement, and if we don't win this one, thats the next step.

While all the money seems to trace back to people like Soros, if I were even deeper into the conspiracy hole, I'd be thinking someone was trying to get a right wing movement going. I don't think anyone is that sophisticated in their Machiavellianism here, but holy shit, how can so many be so fucking blind?

3. POPEYE

POPEYE Very Tilted

The people have the power to change government through the vote.
    America has been at war with this Nazi emotional dysfunction for damn near 100 years.
    So I don't see @Remixer why Americas military should stand down now.
    I do confirm that killing them " mother fuckers " is not just reasonable but necessary.
    The hatred in the hearts of neo Nazi party desearves the full force of the USA, doesn't matter if they are our own citizens.

4. cynthetiq

cynthetiq Administrator Staff Member Donor

It is?

That's what the Israelis say about the Palestinians, the Indians about the Pakistanis. Turks say about Kurds. Japanese say about Koreans. I could go on and on.

5. Herculite

Herculite Very Tilted

Objectively commies have done more harm to the world than Nazi's, do we get to kill them too?

• Winner Winner x 1
  6. cynthetiq

cynthetiq Administrator Staff Member Donor

White folks done more harm and killing than all them put together, if I keep typing I assume TFP will wind up on some sort of watch list. :p:p

• Like Like x 3
  7. redux

redux Very Tilted

The League of the South watch list? :eek:

8. POPEYE

POPEYE Very Tilted

I hope you
    All think the next time you watch a movie or doc about german occupation and the millions of innocent gypsies, jewish, and so many others in mass graves after being tied together and slaughtered or sent into some kind of gas chamber.
    The facts of Nazi regime bombing England back to pre industrial state.
    And now you say its okay for them to stand outside your front doors spewing hatred, and intimidating your families and friends. Well I don't agree

9. gruffman27

gruffman27 New Member

You may be from Oklahoma but you are not an American patriot. What you are is an antifa CRIMINAL. You are willing to violate someone else's 1st amendment rights because you don't agree with what they have to say. I don't agree with what they have to say but they have the right to say it. But what really pisses me off is that you are ready to pull out a gun and shoot someone because you don't like what they have to say. That makes the rest of us responsible gun owners that take their 2nd amendment rights seriously look like we're the bad guys. The best thing you can do is stay in the backwoods of Oklahoma because you are a disgrace to the AMERICAN way of life.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

10. redravin

redravin Cynical Optimist Donor

I think you need to chill a little with the insults my friend.
    This isn't about killing someone because you don't like what they have to say.
    I am certain @POPEYE is not going is not going to randomly shoot some asshole for talking about how great it would be to the put the Jews in gas chambers again, no matter how tempted he might be.
    However, I am Jewish and if one of those bastards was threatening to put me in a gas chamber I suspect Popeye would take it personally because he is an American and comes from a place where they don't put up with that bullshit.
    You can disparage OK all you want but fuck that.
    The people there are honest and care about their people, they are Americans in every sense of the word.
    --- Double Post Merged, Aug 27, 2017, Original Post Date: Aug 27, 2017 ---
    I posted this on FB but I thought I'd do it here too.

Here is the link to the Atlantic article I talk about.
    There's No Equivalence Between Antifa and White Supremacists

The Atlantic article is a pretty good capture.
    Many of the people who hit the streets for AntiFa grew up reading Batman and Green Arrow.
    They would be super heroes given half a chance.
    They sincerely believe this is a chance to help and protect.
    When they aren't in the street they are doing Meals on Wheels and working in recycling centers.
    Oh, and a bunch of them are Jews.
    Are their politics a bit fucked up?
    To be sure, but read The Authority and you'll get a quick idea of what Jenny Sparks, Midnighter and Apollo's politics are (stomp the bad guys first, worry about the stupid shit later - Oh, and they took over the US when it threatened the rest of the world, super heroes can do that).

Last edited: Aug 27, 2017
    • Like Like x 2
  11. Herculite

Herculite Very Tilted

I'm sure I'm already on one :oops:

12. Remixer

Remixer Middle Eastern Doofus

Came across this story on reddit:
    View: https://www.reddit.com/r/news/comments/6wfmhl/blackclad_anarchists_storm_berkeley_rally/

And saw this comment in the thread:

I know nothing about the people mentioned, but was curious what TFP's take on the above is.

13. redux

redux Very Tilted

My take is that you are taking on the tactics of the right in the US to deflect from the real and growing threat of violence by right wing extremists.

Violence as that which took place in Charlottesville by neo-nazis using a statute as cover for their alt-right message of hard core white nationalism that resulted in one murdered and 30+ injured by the terrorist tactic of using a car as a weapon, shooting at others, clubbing others, etc.

Along with the documented concerns of the FBI and DHS of the persistent threat of violence by white supremacists and the documented cases by GAO of more incidents of domestic terrorism by far right extremists than by domestic Islamic extremists.

Yes, there are acts of shouting and shoving individuals by antifa counter-protesters.

There is no equivalency despite what Trump and much of the right media are suggesting.

14. omega

omega Very Tilted

Took a quick look at part of the first video. One of the guys with Joey Stoll is carrying a 3 percenter flag. The 3 percenter movement is supposedly a patriot movement to get police officers and soldiers to swear allegiance to the constitution. Which they all already do. It's their narrow interpretation. The 3 percent part comes from the myth that during the revolutionary war only 3 percent of the colonists were fighting at any one time. What the myth conveniently ignores is the those colonists needed food, weapons, shoes, uniforms, medical, shelter, cannon, powder, balls, etc... It's takes a nation to create an army. So it's bullshit. And who are they throwing a revolution against? People like me. He also calls himself the patriot prayer movement. Any time I hear someone start calling for patriotism or prayer or religion or any sort of mindless loyalty or fealty to some imaginary power or my bullshit meter starts pinging.
    As far as the antifa, right message, wrong execution. Hiding your faces, dressing in all black, shooting silly string at people, all wrong. Images are important. And looking like you are ready to commit violence sends the wrong message. I see the old pictures of the March on Selma. MLK knew he was going to be assaulted. He wore a suit and a fedora. He didn't hide his face. He linked arms with people. And showed the power of his will,that he wouldn't be deterred by violence. Along with all the people that marched beside him. When I see the antifa hiding their faces, I wonder what they have to hide. You want to be political, you put your face out there. Otherwise you are just acting as an anarchist. Richard Spencer and his ilk are wearing clean haircuts and polo shirts. Who looks like a criminal? Image matters.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. Remixer

Wait @redux, are you actually suggesting my post above is an attempt at deflecting from the real issue? Completely ignoring that I was asking about thoughts and insight into the events at Berkeley in a thread about violence directed at fascists, I have repeatedly in this very thread acknowledged that Nazis represent a real threat to Western society - I simply disagree in strong terms with employing violence as an acceptable means to combat their movement and ideology. That's it, that's the extent on where I differ with people like @arkana in here.

Trying to obfuscate my position and stating that I'm taking on their tactics by downplaying right-wing violence, is some rich shit you're pulling when you just now downplayed leftist violence as "shouting and shoving" despite the OP and my previous post being about explicit examples of violence. One thing the left in NA has clearly shown in 2016 is its ability to drive away its moderate supporters, and when I look at comments in reddit and some of the attitudes displayed in here it looks like not a single lesson has been learned.

In any case, thanks for your insight @omega. Your comment gave me some context and perspective to put the Berkeley events into, since I'm not very familiar with the various movements and their history in NA.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2017
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  16. redux

redux Very Tilted

Yes, that is what I suggested. I'm sorry if you took it the wrong way, but it is what it is. Whether it was intentional or out of ignorance, your latest post was a repost of right wing talking points.

I also appreciate Omega 's update on the details on the 3 percenters and their relationship to Joey Gibson and his Patriot Prayer group. While not white supremacists, those 3 percenters are certainly part of the threat of violence on the right identified over the last year by several federal and non-partisan reports.

One of those 3 percenters was arrested last week after attempting a Oklahoma City type bombing in the spirit of Timothy McVeigh.

And I too have expressed my opposition to violence but support for civil disobedience and passive resistance.

Again, there is NO moral equivalency, IMO, between the threats of violence and recent acts of violence by neo-nazis/white supremacists/anti-government 3 percenters and antifa types who shout and shove. NONE!

Finally, on the issue of masks and dressing in black, I'm reminded of the Sons of Liberty and the Boston Tea Party, dressing as American Indians and darkening their faces with charcoal.

• Like Like x 1
  17. redux

redux Very Tilted

No sweeping generalizations here., right? :eek:

For further discussion:

In addition to the FBI/DHS intel bulletin on "White Supremacist Extremist Pose a Persistent Threat of Lethal Violence" that I posted earlier.

Here is a GAO report on "Countering Violent Extremism" from April of this year:

"....White supremacists, anti-government extremists, radical Islamist extremists, and other ideologically inspired domestic violent extremists have been active in the United States for decades. Examples of attacks include the 1993 World Trade Center bombing by radical Islamists, in which 6 persons were killed; and the 1995 Oklahoma City bombing of the Alfred P. Murrah federal building by anti-government far right individuals, in which 168 lives were lost. The September 11, 2001, attacks account for the largest number of fatalities in the United States in a single or closely related attack resulting from violent extremism in recent decades.

While the September 11, 2001, attacks were perpetrated by foreign violent extremists, from September 12, 2001 through December 31, 2016, attacks by domestic or “homegrown” violent extremists in the United States resulted in 225 fatalities, according to the ECDB. Of these, 106 were killed by far right violent extremists in 62 separate incidents, and 119 were victims of radical Islamist violent extremists in 23 separate incidents.

According to the ECDB, activities of far left wing violent extremist groups did not result in any fatalities during this period..."

http://www.gao.gov/assets/690/683984.pdf

Repeat: 106 killed by far right violent extremists, 119 by radical Islamists, O by far left wing extremist groups.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2017
  18. Herculite

Herculite Very Tilted

I find it telling that almost all of the violence and gestapo like tactics have been from leftists and the worry is about right wing extremism?

Thats called projection.

19. Remixer

No, it's my personal impression. I have a nearly-identical impression of the left-wing in North America right now as I did last year. The only difference I have seen is a degree of bitterness due to a highly-embarrassing defeat in the US presidential election.

Pointing out to you that I see no substantial change in what I perceive as one of the primary reasons for the moderate left's boycott of the election doesn't make it a sweeping generalization. Unless you want to argue that the left's moderates were somehow not driven away by its more far-left segments.

20. redux

redux Very Tilted

How about posting data to refute the GAO?

COUNTERING VIOLENT EXTREMISM

"...from September 12, 2001 through December 31, 2016, attacks by domestic or “homegrown” violent extremists in the United States ....106 were killed by far right violent extremists in 62 separate incidents... According to the ECDB, activities of far left wing violent extremist groups did not result in any fatalities during this period."