1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

Assaulting a fascist is self defense

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by cynthetiq, Aug 16, 2017.

1. redux

redux Very Tilted

One small step to respond to the growing hate and violence of white supremacists, neo-nazis, KKK, etc.

Senate unanimously passes resolution condemning hate groups
    Senate Joint Resolution

Assuming passage in the House, which is likely, Trump will be forced to sign this joint resolution that condemns his alt-right supporters.

Equally important, as noted, DoJ and DHS would face more pressure to be more proactive in investigating these groups and "all acts of violence, intimidation, and domestic terrorism by White supremacists, White nationalists, neo-Nazis, the Ku Klux Klan, and associated groups."

• Like Like x 2
  2. rogue49

rogue49 Tech Kung Fu Artist Staff Member

This is good because they've getting away with shit for years under the warrant laws and privacy.

It goes under the concept to the right of free speech but you don't have the right to yell "fire!" in a crowded theater.
    There IS a balance.
    You don't have the right to provoke or instigate.

Something our president should learn. :mad:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. redravin

redravin Cynical Optimist Donor

If you are interested in some of the aspects of modern fascists this is a good video on the subject.

• Like Like x 1
  4. redux

redux Very Tilted

This video from 1943 as well.

Fast forward to 2017 and alt-right foounder Richard Spencer ("“America was until this past generation a white country designed for ourselves and our posterity,” Spencer said. “It is our creation, it is our inheritance, and it belongs to us.” - 'Hail Trump!': Video of White Nationalists Cheering the President-Elect ).

And alt-right leader Mathew Heimbach of the Traditional Workers Party (The Traditionalist Worker Party is a white-rights advocacy group that is anti-capitalist, anti-semitic and anti-diversity. The group’s ultimate goal is the creation of an all-white ethno-state that people of other races would need a visa to visit.") - Inside white nationalists’ long-shot plan to win over Appalachia)

• Like Like x 3
  5. redravin

redravin Cynical Optimist Donor

I find it bizarre that a humor magazine can do a better job of covering the subject then the national media.
    Welcome to the new America.

• Like Like x 1