1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

Attractive scents

Discussion in 'Tilted Life and Sexuality' started by Meier_Link, Aug 16, 2011.

1. CinnamonGirl

CinnamonGirl The Cheat is GROUNDED!

Turns out he used Irish Spring....so I have a long history of loving that scent, I guess :)

Speaking of Victoria's Secret, I used to love their Enchanted Apple. They don't make that anymore, either :(

The more I think about it, the more I realize I like "fresh" scents for myself. Lemon, apple, coconut, cotton. Nothing too heavy or too musky. Oh, man, and anyone who smells like woodsmoke and citronella is automatically sexy, but only if it's the real thing. Colognes can NOT capture that scent correctly.

2. highjinx

highjinx "My phobia drowned while i was gettin' down."

for guys i always liked blue jean.

on women i absolutely melt from Samsara; and i've always liked Tea rose.

i didn't know that women actually liked axe; i thought it was in the Drakkar category worn by guys who put big fins and accessories on their hondas.

3. sapiens

sapiens Vertical

I've never attributed any attraction that I have had or any attraction someone else has had to me to a particular scent. I like the smell of "clean". I don't generally use cologne and both my soap and my deodorant are odorless. I've seriously considered trying Grandpa's Pine Tar Soap.

Some of the Amazon reviews:

• Like Like x 1
  4. Remy

Remy Vertical

You guys should see Perfume, great movie about all this, one of my favs. ( I am not allowed to post lilnks so ) perfumemovieDOTcom

Smell is very important to me but I dont want to go overboard in a small work environment with other dudes. It'd be obvious I was TRYING to smell good and I am sure they'd razzz me about it.

So I settle for nice soaps. Right now softsoap has a coconut soap out. I like tropical/beach scents cause they make me think I am near the beach or just got back from the beach. Pavlovian.

• Like Like x 1
  5. highjinx

highjinx "My phobia drowned while i was gettin' down."

i use that softsoap coconut scrub wash too; the kind with little black scrubs in it. i like the smell and it doesn't have the stuff that makes me itch in clear-gel kind of body washes.

• Like Like x 1
  6. RestlessinPA

RestlessinPA Vertical

I don't like those smells that super strong and musky. And to me, that's what Old Spice and Axe make me think of. MY favorite cologne is Adidas for guys. It's a little strong, but it is my weakness definitely. I don't know what it is about it but it just makes me think of a guy who just got done playing a long game of something and then just getting out of the shower. hahaha. If that makes sense. :)
    They also have an adidas for women but I don't like that as much. I have all different kinds of lotions and body sprays from victorias secret and bath & body works. I love sweet pea and I love the fruity smells too. Like Pure Seduction from Victorias Secret. THATS my favorite perfume/body spray for me. :)

7. Remy

Remy Vertical

I switched to BAR SOAP after reading the cost of shower gels, and sure enough, its cheaper and last longer. Though I do keep shower gels of really good scent for special moments.

VS Vanilla Lace, kills me dead and turns me into a horny zombie instantly. Maybe its sweet, clean, innocent and reminiscent of a great dessert I once had.

8. Zen

Zen Very Tilted

Just remembered, a woman I went out with used to wear coconut. It did work.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Cayvmann

Cayvmann Very Tilted

I am sensitive to most chemical odors, so perfume and cologne just make my sinuses raw. I like a very light scent, food scents are good, desert mainly. What I really like is natural odors, a little sweat, as long as it's not BO level, I'm ok. Also like the smell of alcoholic beverages on a woman.

10. Doris

Doris Getting Tilted

I can't stand strong perfumes. I'm not allergic, but they can make me feel nauseous. Men had better not use very strong scents either.

For myself I try to find something fresh, usually not flower scents. In hair apple or the scent of birch leaves is good. I like to smell the chewing gum too. :)

11. Bear Cub

Bear Cub Goes down smooth.

I love smelling like ball sweat, cheap liquor, and all the other nuances that come with a three day bender.

My armpits however, smell like Brut every chance I get. The aftershave/cologne is too much, but the deodorant is just right.

12. Phi Eyed

Phi Eyed Getting Tilted

I've a very sensitive nose. I am aware of the presence of certain people at my (lame ass) office, before I even see them.
    But, I don't normally like other people's fragrances, because they mix with body chemistry, provoking more bees than suitors. It is a rare occassion that I wear
    anything other than soap. I've been known to sit for a spell, whiffing the delicious burning scents of moth balls (ummm), gasoline (double mmm) and cigarettes/ cigars (triple mmm humm).

Attractive smells to me: Soaps & laundry mixed with guy au natural.

13. POPEYE

POPEYE Very Tilted

I still use Old Spice and Brutt

• Like Like x 2
  14. rogue49

rogue49 Tech Kung Fu Artist Staff Member

I used to like my ex's trademark scent, Trish McEvoy's No. 9 blackberry & vanilla (nothing against it, just not around it now...highly recommend it for the ladies)

On myself, I used to use CK's Obsession
    Now I'm into Territoire

I like lavender too
    Nothing flowery or powdery, no coconuts
    ...mostly subtle musks.

I never put too much on, light touch.

• Like Like x 1
  15. RedSneaker

RedSneaker Very Tilted

It's cheap but I like Curve for men.

My fave fragrance for me right now is Terry DeGunzberg's The Glacé. It's citrusy and very light.

Also have been experimenting with PHLUR.com fragrances. Very interesting concept. And clings to clothes for days.

• Like Like x 2
  16. CinnamonGirl

CinnamonGirl The Cheat is GROUNDED!

haha, those reviews are awesome! I feel like I would really like that soap.

At work about a month ago, I was packing some kind of utility soap/shave bar for men...it smelled SO DAMN GOOD, I kept going back to the box to sniff it. I wrote it down, but then lost the scrap of paper. Grrr. I may need to go raid the store aisles to find it. (of course, then I'd have to convince Eden to use it...which may or may not work out.)

For myself lately, I've been using Dr. Bronner's. I have two slivers left from bars of peppermint and tea tree, and I've also taken to sometimes using the bottle of eucalyptus scent that I originally bought for the dogs. And I just ran out of the lavender, which I was using for laundry soap. I have yet to find a Dr. Bronner's scent I don't like, though to be fair, I haven't tried the rose yet. Almond has been my longtime favorite, which surprises me a little.[/quote]

• Like Like x 1
  17. Freetofly

Freetofly Diving deep into the abyss

I love the smell of raspberry essential oil mixed with a tiny bit of patchouli oil. Happy Hippie Days!!

18. Chris Noyb

Chris Noyb Get in, buckle up, hang on, & be quiet.

What, no Hai Karate? :p

BTW it's been brought back from the grave (where it should've stayed).

• Like Like x 1
  19. snowy

snowy so kawaii Staff Member

[/quote]
    While I like the smell of Doc Bronners, I find it too harsh--even the baby formulation strips too much natural oil, and I prefer to feel moisturized, not tightly, squeaky clean. I use it to clean my makeup brushes, though.

We use the Olay body wash from Costco, and frankly, I love the smell of it on my husband. He's switched deodorants, too, to something from Neutrogena. It's less heavily scented than the Axe he was using before, which lets his natural scent come through. He smells good without any assistance, really--I think it's the vegetarianism.

• Like Like x 1
  20. POPEYE

POPEYE Very Tilted

Don't tell me, let me guess. ...your an Axe man

• Like Like x 1