1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

Baby Gear Basics

Discussion in 'Tilted Gear' started by genuinemommy, Oct 4, 2012.

1. Katia

Katia Very Tilted

Looks like you're set for baby gear, ZombieSquirrel! Love that owl book. So cute. The baby gear/things are so flippin' adorable these days that I secretly die a little. Then I immediately start to entertain the thought of adding another to our family. After my husbands mini heart attack, reality sets in. No more for us.

My humble opinion, if I may? It might not be that popular with DaddySquirrel but "stick him with the baby", often. You need breaks too! If not DaddySquirel, then auntiesquirrel, grandmasquirrel, or friendsquirrel. As well, both of you need to get out together, without babysquirrel. It seems like I'm stating the obvious but when baby squirrel arrives, your lives will be ALL about baby and you'll forget about you (as an individual and a couple). Unfortunately, I learned the hard way. :confused:

• Like Like x 2
  2. He's going to be an awesome daddy. Just seeing how he treats my cats, who he doesn't particularly care for, gives me hope that he will be a good daddy. He already does EVERYTHING around the house since I am either in pain (stupid sciatic nerve) or am tired. Last night we were both tired and overwhelmed, so I took him out to dinner. Just the two of us and we didn't talk about the things we need to do for the baby. We talked about what we used to talk about before he knocked me up. It was nice. I'm hoping we can make time for that after the baby is born.

• Like Like x 1
  3. spindles

spindles Very Tilted

This is really important. Don't hope - actually make time!