1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

Food Bachelor foods....

Discussion in 'Tilted Food' started by streak_56, Aug 23, 2011.

1. streak_56

streak_56 I'm doing something, going somewhere...

I've recently got out of a relationship, and being a bachelor, I've lost my touch for cooking and may need some "inspiration" to beef up my menu. I'm not talking about take out (I've already got sushi friday) or deep fried crap.... I'm talking about something simple, fast and great tasting to make.....
    --- merged: Aug 24, 2011 12:36 AM ---
    I will add that I'm very into spice and spice creations.... I've got a huge spice rack and I've been mixing and matching to various levels of success.... Paprika and Cumin has been one of my favourites though.....

2. Bear Cub

Bear Cub Goes down smooth.

Chicken spaghetti!

-Fettuccine noodles
    -Brick of Velveeta
    -Can of cheddar cheese or cream of chicken soup
    -Chunks of chicken (leftovers, strips, any will do)
    -A can of Rotel

Boil # 1, melt the rest together, mix, and eat! Not exactly health conscious, but had to be my favorite quick fix bachelor meal.

3. EventHorizon

EventHorizon assuredly the cause of the angry Economy..

(it helps if you read this in randy marsh's voice)

for breakfast: pour yourself a bowl of cereal sans milk. buy some blueberries and make sure those motherfuckers are blue and plump as shit, yeah! fold that azure produce into your bowl of cereal with some goddam delicious yogurt with fruit chunks or whatever titillates your fancy.

did that satisfy you? i sure hope not. if you're hungry for justice in the morning you buy your self about 18 grade AA eggs at the supermarket. none of that grade A shit. you know why those eggs are missing an A? because the chickens that laid them were half-assing their way through life because like so many spoiled teenagers they take the food and shelter for granted. then buy some bread. turn a glass upside down on that wheaty 2D square of an ingredient and cut a hole into it. pop that smug looking worthless piece of shit bread slice into a greased/teflon frying pan. crack the egg and place into the center of your breakfast matrix. fry the shit out of the bread-egg combo until every appliance in that kitchen is helio-fucking-centric to the egg-star-in-bread meal that you just made to go with your decadant fruity luxury of a cereal-yogurt combo. FUCK YEAH!

4. samcol

samcol Getting Tilted

well i do a couple meals. one is fish like catfish(my favorite), cod or talapia (any fish fillet under 1 inch think should work here). preheat oven to 450 degrees. on one pan put the fillets and add lemons/salt/pepper or whatever you want, and on the other put dried asparagus and olive oil/salt/pepper and bake both for 13-15 min. i wash the asparagus then set them in the sun for an hour or so to dry them out. if they are wet they will be steamed asparagus, which i dont care for, even though we are baking. very tasty imo.

another is take frozen chicken breast and chilled broccoli and/or cauliflower on seperate pans and preheat the oven to 375. bake them both for 45 min. add whatever spices you like.

i like baking because when you figure out the temps and time it's really difficult to mess up.