1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

baggy pants law

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by ralphie250, Aug 12, 2011.

1. Baraka_Guru

Baraka_Guru Möderätor Staff Member

And a gentleman always knew when to remove his hat. Always.

Today, not so much.

Nearly everyone today is a cad.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Lordeden

Lordeden Part of the Problem

This is something my mother beat into me as a child, you don't wear your hat at the dinner table, in church, in an "official" building (court, police station, ect) or in a "ladies" house.

3. Baraka_Guru

I only wear my hat out of doors and, as the furthest limit, in foyers. However, I will remove my hat in the foyer if I am conversing with others.

Inner rooms, elevators, etc., the hat is off.

There are exceptions to the rule: for example, dining outdoors in the sun will require a hat.

4. Bodkin van Horn

Bodkin van Horn One of the Four Horsewomyn of the Fempocalypse

As a man of propriety and dignity, I only remove my hat when engaged in cunnilingus with a proper lady. For a wayward trollop? NEVER!

• Like Like x 2
  5. Lordeden

You deserve a beer for this statement.

• Like Like x 1
  6. ralphie250

ralphie250 Fully Erect Donor

Carrie: Don't you ever take off that stupid hat?
    Bandit: I take my hat off for one thing, one thing only.
    Carrie: Oh...
    [beat]
    Carrie: Take your hat off.
    [Bandit looks stunned]
    Carrie: I mean, If you want to...
    Bandit: I want to.

7. Lordeden

Her name is Frog, ralphie.

• Like Like x 1
  8. RogueGypsy

RogueGypsy Vertical

[/quote]

The point is the apathy. It sounds more like others are making an excuse for a poor fashion choice. It's okay, it's just fashion. Although the fashion emulates something everyone(?) here agrees is a bad thing (gangsta lifestyle), it's still ok? And Nazi fashion is not? And you say my logic is flawed? Is it ok to emulate murderers or not? How about another hate group. Let's say some new up and coming pop star thinks it's cool to walk around wearing a sheet, now all the mindless teen drones start wearing sheets, to emulate the pop star of course. Are you going to make excuses for them too? It's ok, they don't know about the KKK, they're just trying to look like (insert pop star here). It's just fashion.

Congress and the Senate seem to be operating on the same level as these mindless teens. They don't read the laws they vote, they don't vote for their constituents & they ignore the history behind their decisions. They mindlessly follow the crowd, screaming out what rebels they are. And the apathy of the general public encourages it to worsen. How many excuses do you go through, before you realize you're making excuses. Or does it matter when no one else cares?

Baggy pants aren't the end of the world, just another indicator of disdain we have for everyone around us. What happened to respect, community and dignity? None of that shit matters, it's fashion. I do what I want. Fuck you guys, I'm goin' home.

Yeah, that's the world we all want to live in. A world full of Eric Cartman.

Somewhere along the line we've dismissed the concept of boundaries in favor of freedom of expression. Which is great as long as people have that moral filter that stitches a society together, that allows us all to get along. Here the filter is missing. It is not ok, on any level, to emulate murdering, drug dealing dirt bags to impress your mindless friends. Most teens don't have this filter yet, so it's up to those who do (hopefully their parents) to point out the err in their ways. When parents don't do their part, we get stupid trends, that lead to stupid laws, like this one.

Gotta go, I need to get a hair cut, I'm thinking bowl cut. Today I think I'll dress like Pol Pot. Hey, it's just fashion.

9. Bodkin van Horn

Thank you. I think a beer is in order.

10. Baraka_Guru

A beer would be nice...to wash down these apples and oranges....

11. mixedmedia

mixedmedia ...

holy smokes.

so let me follow the circular reasoning.
    saggy pants were meant to emulate men just let out of prison.
    all men who come out of prison in saggy pants are murderers.
    in all, what these men coming out of prison are responsible for is genocide.
    therefore, any people who are also wearing saggy pants for fun are emulating genocidal murderers.
    and anyone who doesn't follow the reasoning thus far is apathetic about genocide.

apathy is a tricky thing. it can often be flexed by focusing on insignificant, trifling, dramatic things which detract from the importance of real problems.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Seer666

Seer666 Getting Tilted

I will admit a high level of apathy about this particular topic. I only care about things that matter, and fashion, even as crappy as saggy pants, not high on the list of things that matter to me.

13. ring

ring

Time Magazine's cover art is keeping me abreast, alerting me to the newest threat & how to recognize it, yes?

[​IMG]

*"The blue-tinged-poodle-perms carrying cherry Jello & marshmallow salad offerings.
    Reeking of baby powder & clad in polyester pant suit armor....."
    * dream journal entry

14. Bodkin van Horn

Let me paraphrase:

Other things I'm "apathetic" to: dogs with bandanas (even though they're emulating stagecoach robbers); people who wear sports jerseys (even though the team logos are clearly emulating the heraldry of oppressive medieval crusaders; people who speak Russian (even though they choose to speak the same language spoken by Stalin).

15. A friend of mine is a cop. Cops love the guys that wear super baggy pants. They can't run very fast. There's a particular story of when he chased a suspect at a jogging speed until the kid tried to hop a fence. He let go of his pants to grab the fence, his pants hit his ankles, and the kid hit the ground.

16. Plan9

Plan9 Rock 'n Roll

I'll tell you what is a crime:

People who can't be bothered to clean up their house when they're taking a picture that will become an avatar the entire planet can see.

17. You think I care, Cromp?

I'm not ashamed to be a slob.

18. Plan9

Plan9 Rock 'n Roll

And obviously not ashamed to dangle your trousers around your knees!

Hah, I knew you were one of them. One of the evil saggy-pants'd Reptoids!

19. I lost my belt, damn you! Stop judging!

20. itwasme

itwasme But you'll never prove it.

I think mandatory wedgies would be more effective than citations.