1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

Barber Shop might be up on Human Rights Charges

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Mbraitman, Sep 6, 2014.

1. Shadowex3

Shadowex3 Very Tilted

Even the NISVS for all its issues and bias reports that somewhere around 80% of male victims report a single female attacker. Remember rape is overwhelmingly acquaintance rape, the idea women can't rape men is based in outdated gender beliefs which don't recognize women as having the capacity for violence or coercion.

That's why envelopment isn't even recognized as rape.

2. redravin

redravin Cynical Optimist Donor

They have being forced to penetrate for both genders.
    Why do you need another word?

3. Shadowex3

Shadowex3 Very Tilted

Are you seriously asking why rape needs to be called rape? Why its a problem when political ideologues specifically exclude half of all rape victims from the definition of rape and then mislead people by saying "98% of all rapists are men" or "98% of all raspe victims are women"?

You seriously don't get how that's being used to mislead people on a staggering scale? How its erasing and dehumanizing to rape victims?

4. redravin

redravin Cynical Optimist Donor

Hold on there Turbo.
    There is nothing at all misleading about it.
    I feel for the poor girl who had to explain anal rape to the college board who actually made her diagram the concept.
    If you were forced to penetrate a woman against your will that would be on this list.
    It is rape.
    I don't see how anything is misleading.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Baraka_Guru

Baraka_Guru Möderätor Staff Member

So barber shops for men are safe places against predatory women?

Is that where this is going?

• Like Like x 5
  6. Bodkin van Horn

Bodkin van Horn One of the Four Horsewomyn of the Fempocalypse

I'm just going to point out that using a data set to invalidate itself is fine, but if you're going to do so, you have to treat the whole set as invalid. It isn't credible to say that the data are inconsistent (I think only a lazy analysis actually suggests inconsistency) and then pick the subset of the data that agree with your perspective and act as though only that portion of the data is valid.

But yeah, just wanted to point out that the stats cited aren't as cut and dry as was claimed. I won't engage on any ensuing non-barbershop talking points.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Herculite

Herculite Very Tilted

The trick is making the barbershop a private club.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Charlatan

Charlatan sous les pavés, la plage

Can we get back to the topic at hand please?

There is more than one other thread where we can discuss the stats on rape.

9. Spiritsoar

Spiritsoar Slightly Tilted

The rules (again, in the US) to qualify as a club that is, to an extent, legally allowed to gender discriminate, require that you be non-profit. Which seems to be counter to the aims of a barber shop.

10. Bodkin van Horn

They could work out some sort of dues scheme that covered their costs. I imagine that's how women's only health clubs roll.

11. Baraka_Guru

12. Spiritsoar

Spiritsoar Slightly Tilted

13. Shadowex3

Shadowex3 Very Tilted

Yes, I'm sure there are now that you guys are finished dogpiling me. After all it's win-win for you. Not only do you get to dogpile me and get the last word in, you even get to paint me as the bad guy if I don't shut up and take it. Do you guys coordinate this stuff or is it just instinctive for you all to act so uncannily well organized.

14. Bodkin van Horn

It's pretty much some 9/11 level conspiracy shit...

Really, though, there are good reasons for businesses to be prohibited from discriminating based on things like gender. Obviously.

15. Charlatan

If you didn't behave like such an asshole, maybe others would treat you differently.

Your persecution complex is tired.

• Like Like x 2
  16. Shadowex3

Shadowex3 Very Tilted

So you'll go on record saying you oppose women-only gyms, salons, and other businesses?

And of course not behaving like an asshole means agreeing with you. Also when other people are flat out namecalling to the point of breaking godwin's law and I'm the one that staff make veiled threats to that's not a complex.

17. Charlatan

I am flat out calling you out. Your attitude is shit.

There is a reason why you are singled out. That you can't see it, is astounding.

To be clear (to those reading that haven't been following), it isn't that you have an opposing opinion. It's that you behave like such an asshole in delivering your message. I am calling you a bad name, but you have more than earned it.

If you want to win people over, stop behaving the way you do. It's simple marketing and PR.

Of course, you can keep behaving the way you do. I suppose if you keep railing from the mountain tops there is a chance the mountains will reply.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Chris Noyb

Chris Noyb Get in, buckle up, hang on, & be quiet.

@Shadowex3, you're obviously intelligent and you put much thought into your responses. The problem is many of your posts are extremely defensive, you react as though dissenting posts (not exclusively this thread) from other members are attacks on you. You continue to respond, even more defensively than in your previous responses. It's as though you can't concede that others have presented valid opinions and facts, and you always need to get in the last word. At some point you (and everyone, including me) need to acknowlege that valid counterpoints have been presented and leave it at that. Participating in discussions, even heated ones, doesn't have to be about winning.

19. Cayvmann

Cayvmann Very Tilted

He wasn't making fun of them. He was pointing his finger at them and telling them to get their priorities straight. It hurt their feelings. Much like that song, can't remember who sung it, "Brush yo teef, brush yo teef, brush you mutha fuckin teef, etc." There is no sense of humor when you are being told that your actions are the reason you are not getting ahead in life.

But, white guys do stuff like this, and black guys do stuff like that. AMIRITE!!??!!
    --- merged: Sep 12, 2014 11:33 AM ---
    AAAAAAAnd don't forget the PC complainers are just trying to put up their own version of PC. Talking out of both sides of their mouths, as we say down from where I come from...

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 19, 2014
  20. Baraka_Guru

Other issues aside, complaints about political correctness often come from those who merely wish to reserve their right to be offensive but won't admit to it overtly. They seem to be offended by others' right to advocate against what is deemed offensive.

I find most conversations about political correctness tedious. It was much better, I assume, when it was simply considered etiquette.

• Like Like x 4