1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

BBC's The Musketeers

Discussion in 'Tilted Entertainment' started by snowy, Aug 12, 2014.

1. snowy

snowy so kawaii Staff Member

Is anyone else watching this? I know it aired in the UK earlier this year and now it's airing on BBC America.

The Musketeers | BBC America

I'm really enjoying it. There are some liberties taken with costuming and accuracy of weapons, but otherwise, there aren't enough anachronisms to annoy me. The locations are beautiful, the acting is solid, and the story lines are entertaining. If you're unfamiliar with Peter Capaldi's body of work, it would be a great way to get a preview of his range prior to his debut as the Doctor later in the month. He plays Cardinal Richelieu, and he's FANTASTIC. He's being replaced for the second series, which saddens me, but is understandable (though not historically accurate).

And of course, all of the Musketeers are sexy. Doesn't hurt a bit.

2. spindles

spindles Very Tilted

I've watched the first few (via channel BT) and really enjoyed it. The BBC are quite good at this kind of drama - sunday evening PG. You know if is going to fairly kid friendly but with enough meat to keep the adults interested. I just haven't had the time to watch all of it yet.

• Like Like x 1
  3. snowy

This exactly! I can definitely see how it would be fun for all ages. There's some good humor alongside everything else too.

4. Daniel_

Daniel_ The devil made me do it...

Never heard of it! Looks like it might have been ok, but not one to watch at all costs

5. snowy

It's pretty fun, and they are doing a second series, so I would say it's more than okay.

6. snowy

If you want a great demonstration of Peter Capaldi's range relative to his performance on Doctor Who, this is a great contrast.