1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

Beauty Finds, Tips, and Tricks

Discussion in 'Tilted Life and Sexuality' started by snowy, Nov 23, 2013.

1. Japchae

Japchae Very Tilted

Good to know. I'm allergic to zinc and iodides, sensitive to a number of minerals and lanolin. Most to the things they use to make things sparkly make me itchy, ha ha.

2. Japchae

Japchae Very Tilted

Fuck that place. I got shoved by three patrons and ignore by four staff persons. I'll live with naked face.

3. Japchae

Japchae Very Tilted

Ahhhhhlergic to Smashbox eye shadow (free sample with purchase, didn't think before trying it). In LOVE with SBox kohl eyeliner in Sumatra and eye brightening mascara. A little itchy, but not bad. Lids are hilariously swollen from the shadow. Ha ha ha. I so suck at this :)

4. snowy

snowy so kawaii Staff Member

Picked up the Naked On The Run set for my Christmas present this morning. I'm looking forward to playing with it.

• Like Like x 1
  5. RedSneaker

RedSneaker Very Tilted

Maybe I can help @noodle

6. Japchae

Japchae Very Tilted

I'm comfortable in my suckage for the moment. My boobs look great, so I'm comforted. My eyes are so sore at this point that I don't want to think about anything going on my face for awhile.
    But, I will definitely let you know when I decide to brave something like that again...

• Like Like x 1
  7. snowy

8. snowy

So I just did my nails for Christmas. I'm still not the best, by any means, but I am getting better with practice. For a festive manicure, I paired Essie's Dress to Kilt (a lush red) with Set in Stones, one of the Lux Effects polishes (silver sparkles). For my pedicure, I layered the Set in Stones over After School Boy Blazer, which is a dark, inky blue (I love, love, love the look of this polish).

I just realized I have four bottles of Essie sitting on my desk right now from recent manicures. I might have an Essie problem. I love the color selection.

9. RedSneaker

RedSneaker Very Tilted

I was just thinking about this thread the other day. Glad to see it revived.

I had something to contribute, but I've forgotten what it was now. Maybe it will come to me.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Katia

Katia Very Tilted

So many pretties, so little time.

image.jpg

11. RedSneaker

RedSneaker Very Tilted

Hey Ulta ladies (and maybe gents, I don't judge) be on the lookout for a $10 ANYTHING in the store coupon in the mail if you've signed up for their rewards program. I was shocked that the only restriction is the brow bar. That rarely happens. It expires on the 8th so there's still time!

• Like Like x 1
  12. Japchae

Japchae Very Tilted

I have that program, but no coupon. :(
    Smashbox never goes on sale and it's the only brand with no allergic reaction so far... Dang.

13. RedSneaker

RedSneaker Very Tilted

Don't give up hope! I'm glad you found something that works for you. What from the line have you tried?

14. Japchae

Japchae Very Tilted

The only success was with the eye liner and mascaras. I love the waterproof mascara, but it's super clumpy, so I'm going to get the prep gel to see if that makes a difference. The brightening mascara is great but not water proof.
    The 3D liner is awesome. Sparkly!

15. RedSneaker

RedSneaker Very Tilted

I highly recommend Lorac's PRO mascara. It's really gentle for sensitive eyes. Or contact wearers.

Edit: waterproof mascara tends to act differently than regular formulas. I don't think I have one mascara in rotation that is waterproof.

16. snowy

I find I get coupons more often now that I'm platinum.

17. Japchae

Japchae Very Tilted

I'm pretty moist in the eyes, so non-waterproof tends to slide down under eyes in about a hour. I think this gel primer is supposed to stop that.

18. snowy

19. snowy

I did pick up some Batiste dry shampoo from Ulta earlier this week per @GeneticShift's recommendation, as my store started carrying it. Love, love, love. The smell of the Fresh scent one is just amazing, and it works really well. I went back later to pick up a tiny bottle to put in my gym bag. May just upgrade to the larger size to leave in the gym bag, lol!

Things I'm loving lately: Maybelline's FitMe concealer, Maybelline's FitMe Matte and Poreless foundation, and MAC's Pro Longwear Paint Pot in Camel Coat. @noodle, have you tried any of the non-powder formulations of eyeshadow, i.e. Maybelline's Color Tattoos line or MAC's Paint Pots/Paints? Because they're not powder, my eyes found them a lot less irritating. You can ingredients-check them on CosDNA to see if there is anything that will set your eyes off.

What happened to all of the other ladies that have posted in this thread? :(

And because I love this tutorial and it dramatically cut down on the amount of BB cream I use on a daily basis--same with foundation!

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EyQsVyGadbY

• Like Like x 1
  20. Japchae

Japchae Very Tilted

I will check that out!

• Like Like x 1