1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

Beauty Finds, Tips, and Tricks

Discussion in 'Tilted Life and Sexuality' started by snowy, Nov 23, 2013.

1. RedSneaker

RedSneaker Very Tilted

You might do well with a primer to keep things from sliding. I've found its really helpful.

• Like Like x 1
  2. snowy

snowy so kawaii Staff Member

I'd heard good things about L'Oreal's Infallible Pro-Last Lipcolor. I am putting it through its paces now. Since it is a longwear, I expected the base formula to be a bit dry feeling, which it was, but that is what the balm is for. The balm feels very smooth. And of course, I had to buy it in the brightest red I could find, because that's how I roll.

We'll see how it stands up to a night of knocking back pints.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2015
  3. PonyPotato

PonyPotato Very Tilted

I finally decided to try a bright red lipstick.. and I loved it. IMG_7435.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  4. snowy

That's because bright red lipstick is the best!

As for the Pro Last, it does last. A few pints later, it's still there!

5. snowy

So, here's snowy's list of do-not-budge products, and products that help prevent the budge:

MAC's Pro Longwear Paint Pot (minor creasing after several hours of wear, easily smoothed out)
    Cover Girl's Last Blast Volume in Waterproof (minor smudging may occur; an application of powder beneath the eyes prevents this)
    L'Oreal's Pro Last Lipcolor
    Anastasia Beverly Hills Dipbrow (holy crap, this stuff lasts for days without remover)
    Revlon ColorStay foundation (they say 24 hours of wear...they mean it, though that is not advised)

To prevent the budge: I usually apply a light layer of Maybelline FitMe powder in translucent all over, and set my face with NYX Dewy setting spray. On any areas that look a little cakey after powder application, I apply some of the setting spray to my blender and pat it on.

These products have all been tested on a range of hot, sweaty days, on camping trips, through beer festivals, and in the gym.

6. RedSneaker

RedSneaker Very Tilted

Hey all - it's been awhile!

Curious to know if you've heard of these brands:

Scalisi
    Phyto-C
    Le Mieux

Hope to be trying them this week, but would love feedback if you've tried any of them!

7. snowy

I've heard of Phyto-C, but not the others, and haven't tried products from any.

8. Japchae

Japchae Very Tilted

Shout out to Smashbox waterproof mascara. I put it on Friday morning... Impromptu hiking trip to the AT including pouring rain for 20+ hours and there was still some in place when we got home late last night. AFTER my shower. Seriously waterproof, though there was no shower Friday through then. No itching or burning in the rain, either.

• Like Like x 3
  9. snowy

I bought Anastasia Beverly Hill's Brow Wiz to complement my Dipbrow (outline with Brow Wiz, brush in Dipbrow, comb with spoolie). My brow game definitely jumped up a level. I've had strangers stop me on the street to compliment me--no joke--about my eyebrows. My next investment is going to be in the actual ABH brush for Dipbrow. I feel like that will further up my game.

I also recently picked up the Real Techniques blender. Fantastic.

One tip: Urban Decay Primer Potion in Eden makes a GREAT coverup for undereye circles. I pat it on before my concealer, and nothing budges.

• Like Like x 1
  10. RedSneaker

RedSneaker Very Tilted

Scored a couple Japonesque lipsticks this week. Really creamy and full coverage. First experience with this brand. So far, happy.

11. snowy

I don't care that I'm not leaving the house today--I still want to do my eyebrows.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Lindy

Lindy Moderator Staff Member

My aunt Linda won't take the garbage can out without putting on makeup first.:rolleyes:

13. snowy

Yeah, that's not me. I don't need to wear makeup to do anything. I like to wear it, and I find it fun to apply and play with. It's for me, not for other people.

14. RedSneaker

RedSneaker Very Tilted

I like to wear makeup, but don't everyday. I wear it for me, not for anyone else. I also wear it for fun.

• Like Like x 1
  15. snowy

I love that moment when I catch myself checking out my own eyebrows.

16. Japchae

Japchae Very Tilted

I keep checking to make sure mine are still there...

17. snowy

I've been trying out the Smashbox Full Exposure non-waterproof, as I had a mini of it. I love the separation and length that I get from this mascara. However, it tends to transfer underneath my eyes. I'm not so much a fan of that. @noodle, have you had any issue with the waterproof transferring?

18. Japchae

Japchae Very Tilted

The waterproof seems to "slip" a little by the end of the work day. Or if my eyes water immediately after application. It's thicker and you lose that amazing look that goes with the Full Exposure. It's a little gloppy for me. Which is frustrating. I looked into the lash prep gel that you can use under the Full Exposure but I heard that it gets sticky fast and isn't as great as it sounds.

19. Japchae

Japchae Very Tilted

Sorry, I just realized that the non-waterproof I use is the Eye Brightening. The waterproof is the Full Exposure. I have the mini and full sized Eye Brightening, but it's been too humid to wear for any length of time lately.

20. snowy

I really don't like the way the waterproof Full Exposure goes on. It's a completely different mascara from the regular. Sadly, I'll be returning it. Back to Clinique and CoverGirl for me.