1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

Beauty Finds, Tips, and Tricks

Discussion in 'Tilted Life and Sexuality' started by snowy, Nov 23, 2013.

1. RedSneaker

RedSneaker Very Tilted

That's scary - the baby detergent? Yikes. Ok maybe not that one :)

I use Caldrea products in the kitchen - and I know they have some gentle laundry detergents, too. (But I've only used samples) I like their products, but don't think they are very economical 16oz for about $10 for the laundry detergent.

Same for Mrs. Meyers. I like them, but kind of pricey 64 loads for $16.

2. RedSneaker

RedSneaker Very Tilted

[​IMG]

This is the new Make Up Forever Midnight Glow Palette. I like that they mixed in a decent number of matte shades, and I think you'll be able to get some really pretty looks with this. I have a couple of their other palettes and have enjoyed using them.

Ok now I want to go makeup shopping.

• Like Like x 1
  3. snowy

snowy so kawaii Staff Member

It's because outdoor gear like a sleeping bag requires gentle detergent.

4. Lindy

Lindy Moderator Staff Member

I just looked in on this thread for the first time, since I rarely wear makeup anymore, except for the occasional lip gloss or lipstick.

So, when I look in on a thread with several posts I'll usually look at the OP to get an idea of what's going on, and then the most recent post. Isn't it amazing how threads can change.:D Start out with eyeliner and end up laundering sleeping bags.:D

5. snowy

Well, I wanted to discourage certain sentiments from creeping into this thread, as I see them a lot elsewhere on the web--"Oh, you don't need makeup, you're naturally beautiful!" I'm sure I am, but I do like to enhance what nature gave me.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Herculite

Herculite Very Tilted

[​IMG]

If you don't own one of these you want one. Grandma wasn't dumb. Even as a man who doesn't wear makeup I find the one we have very useful even for shaving. The devil is in the details.

For getting rid of tiny blackheads and making sure everything is even its quite useful, my wife is now using one for makeup.

• Like Like x 3
  7. snowy

• Like Like x 2
  8. Katia

Katia Very Tilted

I'm wondering how this compares to Clinique and Clarins pore minimizers. Have you tried them? Maybeline sounds like a good economical score!

9. snowy

I have not. I have tried other primers, and found the BabySkin to be comparable, but without the color adjustment. I like how smooth it gets my skin, and since it's on sale fairly regularly, it's usually $5 or less a tube when I see it.

Lately, I've also been really in love with the Revlon Matte Balms. I only have one so far because they are going like hotcakes in my local store (they have a $3/off coupon until Sunday)
    NEW! Revlon ColorBurstâ„¢ Matte Balm

• Like Like x 1
  10. GeneticShift

GeneticShift Show me your everything is okay face.

I have 3 MatteBalms and 6 Balm Stains.

I've been using the balm stains for months and am obsessed. I love the MatteBalms, and splurged when they were released around Thanksgiving on 3 of them. (Let me know if you want any swatches). I tried one of the LacquerBalms and wasn't impressed at all.

11. snowy

SWATCHES! I swatched myself with a bunch of them at the store yesterday, but they were out of the one color I really want (Elusive). I sniggered at the weird marks on my arms. The rest are a little too...much for me. I'm easing myself back into using lip color. I did pick up one of the balm stains in Lovesick. I'm digging it.

Also, I'm super stoked--they're opening an Ulta here!

12. snowy

Finally got my hands on Elusive (appropriate name), and I love, love, love it. It's perfect. It's just a little brighter than my natural lip color, which was what I wanted.

13. GeneticShift

Don't think I forgot!

[​IMG]
    Balm stains on the left, matte balms on the right.

Balm stains. From L to R: Sweetheart, Darling, Rendezvous, Cherish, Smitten, Honey
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    (bathroom light)

[​IMG]
    (natural light, Top to bottom = L to R)

Matte Balms from L to R: Elusive, Sultry, Striking
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

(bathroom light)

[​IMG]
    (natural Light)

All swatches were two swipes. If you want any lip swatches, let me know. ;)

• Like Like x 2
  14. snowy

@GeneticShift, you're the best!

• Like Like x 1
  15. snowy

16. RedSneaker

RedSneaker Very Tilted

Wet 'n' Wild shadow primer is awesome for only $4.

Love love the Jordana Balm Stain in Cranberry Crush.

• Like Like x 1
  17. GeneticShift

I can't technically put this in the latest purchase thread, so it goes here! @damnitall is the most wonderful person in the world and knows how stressed I've been lately, and sent me a surprise present. I came home last night to a sephora box on my kitchen counter with something that I've been lusting after since its release:
    [​IMG]
    SMASHBOX FULL EXPOSURE PALETTE.

First of all, the palette itself comes with a sample of the Smashbox Full Exposure mascara, which is one of my holy grail mascaras. But I digress.
    This palette is gorgeous. 7 matte, 7 shimmer, and go well with pretty much every skin tone. I played around last night around midnight and made a gorgeous black smokey eye using M4, M7, and S7, and I just have a basic brown eye today with M1, M3, and M4, with a little bit of S1 for sparkle.
    This palette is AMAZING. I've never used mattes so velvety smooth before. They blend like nobody's business, and I am in love. I can't wait to play around with it more.

She also ordered me a sample size of this mascara:
    [​IMG]
    As I said in the previous paragraph, until now, the Smashbox mascara was my HG mascara. The Buxom Lash might beat it out. It straight up looks like I have falsies on. I'll take pictures tomorrow, hopefully, when it isn't so overcast.

• Like Like x 2
  18. snowy

When you get a chance, could you swatch the palette? I'd love to see the pigment quality. That is such an awesome gift!

Yesterday, I did a test on myself using NYX's Milk vs. NYX's regular white eye primer under my eyeshadow. Milk won, hands down. Less creasing, less color loss, less smudging.

• Like Like x 1
  19. RedSneaker

RedSneaker Very Tilted

I've not tried the Buxom mascara, only the glosses. Can't say I was a fan.

Have you tried Too Faced Better Than False Lashes Mascara? Your comment reminded me about this crazy fiber mascara.

20. GeneticShift

Definitely! And I thought you were allergic to Milk? I hope that passed!

I'm not a huge fan of their glosses either. The mascara is really nice on me, but it has mixed reviews online. Maybe I just get lucky with mascara. I haven't tried that Too Faced, but I did like their Better than Sex mascara a lot. I'll try that one out next time I'm needing mascara.

Overall, I think the Smashbox mascara is still my all time favorite of every prestige brand I've tried so far.

• Like Like x 1