1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

Beauty Finds, Tips, and Tricks

Discussion in 'Tilted Life and Sexuality' started by snowy, Nov 23, 2013.

1. snowy

snowy so kawaii Staff Member

It did! My eyes apparently adjusted to wearing makeup again, which was great. I've also learned what makeup-related dry eye feels like, so I just make sure to use eye drops as needed.

2. DamnitAll

DamnitAll Wait... what?

I'm still over the moon that I somehow managed to surprise you with this. I'm even more over the moon that you like it so much.

I strongly encourage you to experiment with it on me in any way shape or form once given the opportunity... as long as you wouldn't consider that a waste.

<3

• Like Like x 3
  3. snowy

I really hope this happens, and I hope there are pictures.

• Like Like x 2
  4. GeneticShift

GeneticShift Show me your everything is okay face.

Duh.

• Like Like x 2
  5. RedSneaker

RedSneaker Very Tilted

Some Naked gloss swatches from Urban Decay.

L-R Beso, Rule 34, Naked

Not terribly sticky and have a very faint mint smell. Nothing crazy or tingly though.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  6. GeneticShift

After a full day of wear impressions:

Holy shit, these colors are long lasting. I used a small amount of eye primer, and the colors stayed all day without creasing or losing a lot of pigmentation. I lost some shimmer during the day, but since I haven't done a majority shimmer look yet, I don't want to comment on the longevity of those yet. But holy shit, those mattes.

Overall: Little to no fallout from the mattes, super blendable, easy to apply. The shimmers take a little more effort to pick up a decent amount, but apply and blend well too. Last very long over a primer, and color on eye is true to pan. The shimmers are a little trickier to work with, but have great payoff. If you're looking for a neutral palette, this should be on the top of your go to list next to Naked 2.
    9/10
    --- merged: Apr 4, 2014 at 10:42 AM ---
    And @snowy, I'll do swatches probably this weekend when I have a sunnier day.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 11, 2014
    • Like Like x 2
  7. snowy

It looks exactly like what I want--nude mattes with long wear.

8. GeneticShift

UNF. Nyx is today's HauteLook deal. Must resist....

9. DamnitAll

DamnitAll Wait... what?

Yeah, this is all Greek to me, but it sounds like you like them, so I'm happy. :)

10. snowy

I'm really so in love with the ELF cream eyeliner. This stuff is amazing, especially for the price. I can actually get a good line on my upper lids in one try.

I also bought this eyeliner brush when I bought the eyeliner, and it's been really helpful.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  11. GeneticShift

I TOLD YOU SO. :)
    Make sure you close it really well though, because it can dry out pretty easily. It's not bad to replace for $3, but still.

• Like Like x 1
  12. GeneticShift

[​IMG]

Favorite hair product. Beauty Defender detangler and leave in conditioner. It's not cheap at $21 a bottle, but it lasts a long time. I got this for free by using my Birchbox points. I love the smell, it detangles well, and leaves my hair soft and bouncy.

• Like Like x 2
  13. GeneticShift

These are pretty shitty quality pictures, but whatever.

Quick review of the Chella liquid eyeliner in Indigo blue that I got in a recent Ipsy bag. Did a quick wing for the day (ignore the messy brows).

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

From far away, it looks nice, but up close, you can see the brush strokes clearly, and it takes a little bit to build up the full color. The felt tip in incredibly stiff, so it's hard to get long strokes.

Overall, I don't think I would buy it, but I'll use what I have left.

• Like Like x 1
  14. snowy

I really do envy your mad eyeliner skills.

I have Chella's highlighter crayon from a Birchbox. I love that thing. Makes applying concealer so easy. It's too bad about the eyeliner.

15. GeneticShift

I was bummed too. I swatched it on my wrist when I got it in the mail, and it looked great. It just is way too hard to control on the eyelid. The felt tip was really scratchy too, which I've never encountered in a felt tip eyeliner.

16. RedSneaker

RedSneaker Very Tilted

I just saw NYX in CVS. I was pretty excited about that. For whatever reason, I've not delved into the brand much, but have heard great things about it.

• Like Like x 2
  17. snowy

Buy Milk.

18. GeneticShift

And black bean.

19. RedSneaker

RedSneaker Very Tilted

Buy all the things!

• Like Like x 1
  20. DamnitAll

DamnitAll Wait... what?

FTFY

• Like Like x 2