1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

Beauty Finds, Tips, and Tricks

Discussion in 'Tilted Life and Sexuality' started by snowy, Nov 23, 2013.

1. Katia

Katia Very Tilted

Lately, it's all about nails for me. Here is my attempt at nail stamping.

image.jpg

Learning to stamp is HELL! It took me many hrs, in many days. It seriously drove me crazy. :confused:

/first world problems

• Like Like x 1
  2. snowy

snowy so kawaii Staff Member

Shit, I'm just trying to perfect my manicure. Art is too much for me right now.

3. HoBuupeek

HoBuupeek New Member

I don't care what anybody says, being able count to five in such style is, is, in the pink as far as I'm concerned!

• Like Like x 1
  4. RedSneaker

RedSneaker Very Tilted

My nails are a sad sad sight at the moment.

I really need a good cuticle cream.

• Like Like x 1
  5. GeneticShift

GeneticShift Show me your everything is okay face.

Stamping is my OBSESSION.

I'll take a picture of my ridiculous kit for you later. :)

My most helpful tips, if you need them:
    -use a Sharpie to make a mark on the side of your stamping tool. Always line the top of the design to that Mark, so the pattern will always be centered and even on your nail.
    -use an old gift card or credit card to scrape instead of the metal scraper they give you, it will save your plates from a lot of damage
    -practice a smooth roll on a sheet of plastic wrap. For some reason, this is what helped me the most.

:)

It's probably my favorite nail art technique.

• Like Like x 1
  6. GeneticShift

The Orly cuticle cream is my favorite.

My nails are hell right now from the lab, but I think a manicure is in order today.

• Like Like x 1
  7. GeneticShift

And @snowy, we finally have sun and I have free time. You'll get swatches later today.

• Like Like x 1
  8. snowy

I love their cuticle oil.

9. Katia

Katia Very Tilted

Dang! I wish I talked to you sooner. It would have saved my sanity. Thanks so much for the tips!
    I'm having trouble with this XL stamper I have (Squishy kind). Seems it doesn't want to transfer consistently. Have any ideas?

10. GeneticShift

What kind of XL stamper? Mine is squishy too, but I like the squish. Haha. I took these in the basement, so sorry for the crappy lighting.

My ridiculous binder of stamping plates:
    [​IMG]

What I need overall:
    [​IMG]

I have a little glass cup I got from Sally's for 99 cents that I fill with acetone. I have my double ended stamper. I use an old Subway giftcard for scraping. I use the qtips and the acetone to clean the plates and the tool between each stamp. Not pictured are some small paintbrushes that I use to clean my cuticles afterwards!

Did some accent stamping with a holographic silver over black (and added studs because why not)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Birds for @damnitall
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  11. DamnitAll

DamnitAll Wait... what?

12. Katia

Katia Very Tilted

Dang girl! You got it going on. Nice set up!

Yeah, my stamper is this one:

image.jpg

Which, I am convinced, does not like me. LOL! I got beautiful plates from Messy Mansion but the stamper does not want to cooperate. These are the plates:

image.jpg

image.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  13. GeneticShift

Those plates are awesome!

I don't think I like your stamper or scraper just by looking at them though. Haha. The rubber part on the stamper doesn't look domed at all, which makes it harder to roll, and your scraper looks weird. Haha. I would try the old gift card scraper trick, and if that doesn't work, try the konad stamper, which you can snag for like, $5 on Amazon.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Katia

Katia Very Tilted

Yeah, I hate my stamper and have a Konad stamper shipping to me soon. I tried the credit card trick and it's working better already! Thanks so much for the tips! :)

15. RedSneaker

RedSneaker Very Tilted

I meant to share these a whole ago. Awesome cream blushes from BY TERRY [​IMG]

Rose Melba and Frozen Petal. Both gorgeous. Blend out well. Smell like roses. Just lovely.

• Like Like x 1
  16. GeneticShift

[​IMG]

Got my much lusted after lipstick today, finally. It started as limited edition, and I missed it the first go round. It's a part of the permanent collection now, so I needed it. I'm obsessed. The picture of my lips looks a little awkward, but it's not very sunny here today!

• Like Like x 2
  17. GeneticShift

Also, got foundation matched at Sephora today with their color IQ system. I'll post a picture in another thread. It was a really cool experience! And it was re-emphasized that I am pale as fuck.

18. snowy

I can't wait to do this after we move. I'm going to be 15 minutes from a Sephora and 5 minutes from Ulta. Dangerous!

• Like Like x 1
  19. RedSneaker

RedSneaker Very Tilted

When I got matched, there were only 2 or 3 brands that carried shades to match me. I'd like to try again when I have a little more color.

PS - Lush has a lip color called Drive that is very similar to Heroine. Just FYI.

20. GeneticShift

Like the color, hate the shimmer. Drive isn't too shimmery, but it's definitely got more than Heroine, which is really and truly matte. Heroine's finish makes it my favorite. Plus, if I recall correctly, MAC is cheaper than Lush, which at this point makes a pretty big difference. ;)