1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

Beauty Finds, Tips, and Tricks

Discussion in 'Tilted Life and Sexuality' started by snowy, Nov 23, 2013.

1. PonyPotato

PonyPotato Very Tilted

Re: mascaras (I'm a few pages behind): I like Buxom, but it tends to irritate my eyes after a few hours of wear (like most BM products). I prefer Diorshow over it, but not by much - it tends to get clumpy after a week or so of being open and used.

My FAVORITE mascara so far is Merle Norman's Wicked Lash. It is AMAZING. Gives me more length than Diorshow, and the volume is buildable, rather than getting clumpy on the first stroke. It's also much more waterproof than Diorshow, in my experience. It also doesn't irritate my eyes. And it's cheaper! By a lot!

Their mattifying moisturizer is also fantastic, and I use their concealer and foundation exclusively now. I find that my skin actually improves if I wear their makeup products every day.

2. RedSneaker

RedSneaker Very Tilted

It's 18.95. I'm not sure what MAC lipsticks run, but I always thought they were a higher price point.

I love the color, but not on me :)

I'm liking this Karora self-tanner. It's a non-aerosol spray with a color guard, and the color is very natural. I'm going to be trying their self-adjusting CC cream in a few days. I have high hopes. [​IMG]

3. GeneticShift

GeneticShift Show me your everything is okay face.

Oops, thought it was more than that! But MAC is $18, so about the same. Goes back to the finish then. I like matte galaxies more than shimmer! Personal preference!

• Like Like x 1
  4. genuinemommy

genuinemommy Moderator Staff Member

Here's a tip:
    Walking somewhere? Have free hands? Don't stare at your phone. Get some practice doing something new with your hair. French braiding my own hair is a skill I've been wanting to get right for years but I don't have the patience to sit in front of a mirror for what felt like forever to get it right. I realized yesterday that I could practice during my 20-minute walk. I was able to braid and re-braid my hair a bunch of times and end up with a decent enough hair-do by the time I made it to my office. I'm sure I looked like a freak, and the wind whipping my hair as I worked this morning posed a curious challenge, but I'm already seeing major improvement in this skill. I'm going to keep up this habit.

• Like Like x 3
  5. snowy

snowy so kawaii Staff Member

I would probably fall on my face. I'm not that coordinated!

• Like Like x 2
  6. GeneticShift

LOTS OF PICTURES AHEAD. :)

1. A better picture of Heroine!
    [​IMG]

2. My new favorite summer red, Indie Flick Matte by NYX (awkward angle, I promise I didn't fuck up the application that badly)
    [​IMG]

3. Finally have the swatches for @snowy from the one of my favorite @damnitall presents:

Palette for reference. The swatches will be in the same order of the colors in the pan, from left to right.
    [​IMG]

Shimmer swatches over NYX milk (inside lighting)
    [​IMG]

Matte swatches over NYX milk (inside lighting)
    [​IMG]

Shimmer over NYX milk (natural lighting from window)
    [​IMG]

Matte over NYX milk (natural lighting from window)
    [​IMG]

Close up of some shimmers
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Matte closeups
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 4
  7. RedSneaker

RedSneaker Very Tilted

Finally bit the bullet and got lots of layers to my long hair. Still figuring out if I LOVE it or not...
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 4
  8. genuinemommy

genuinemommy Moderator Staff Member

Pretty!

• Like Like x 1
  9. ralphie250

ralphie250 Fully Erect Donor

I like it

• Like Like x 1
  10. snowy

Thanks so much, @GeneticShift! Pretty sure I need that now.

11. RedSneaker

RedSneaker Very Tilted

Pretty pink Cleure polish in San Diego. I'm digging it. [​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  12. RedSneaker

RedSneaker Very Tilted

A big box of Milani products arrived at my door today. Unexpected! I'm so excited as it's a drugstore brand I've been wanting to try, but wasn't sure about shelling the cash out for it. Where to start??

[​IMG][​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  13. Katia

Katia Very Tilted

You got all of that for free??? Score!!!

• Like Like x 1
  14. RedSneaker

RedSneaker Very Tilted

Now I just have to write about it. Which is a fair trade in my book!

Swatches anyone?

• Like Like x 1
  15. snowy

Always.

16. RedSneaker

RedSneaker Very Tilted

Ok here are the lip products. From l-r lipstick in 7 true red, gloss in 12 red my lips, lip intense liquid color in red extreme and power lip gloss stain in 01 red control.

[​IMG]

And the swatches:

[​IMG]

I prefer the glosses 2 & 4.

Bronzers to come.

• Like Like x 2
  17. GeneticShift

Do you have a beauty blog, @redsneaker?

• Like Like x 1
  18. RedSneaker

RedSneaker Very Tilted

I do. I also contribute to a couple of magazines. Nothing super huge. Maybe one day!

Should I post the blog here, or PM? Not sure what's acceptable...

19. snowy

Posting here should be fine since you're not trying to spam us.

• Like Like x 1
  20. RedSneaker

RedSneaker Very Tilted