1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

Beauty Finds, Tips, and Tricks

Discussion in 'Tilted Life and Sexuality' started by snowy, Nov 23, 2013.

1. snowy

snowy so kawaii Staff Member

Now I need to track down those Jordana balm stains, and it's all your fault, @RedSneaker.

2. RedSneaker

RedSneaker Very Tilted

Omg I love them so so much. Walgreens has them if you're close to one.

3. snowy

We're not right now, but we will be in a few days.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Dionysus

Dionysus New Member

I am a makeup addict, and I have tried all brands. My favorites include Lorac Front of the Line PRO eyeliner, Lorac Baked Satin blush, Too Faced eye primer, bareMinerals high shine eyecolor, L'oreal Colour Riche lipstick, and Maybelline Rocket mascara. I also love fake lashes. I found that the inexpensive ones are just as good as the MAC brand. I still need to find the perfect foundation. I currently use bareMineral, but it can be cakey. Any suggestions?

• Like Like x 2
  5. RedSneaker

RedSneaker Very Tilted

What kind of coverage are you looking for? Is your skin dry? Oily? Combo?

6. RedSneaker

RedSneaker Very Tilted

Latest products: Shu Uemura's Tint in Gelato

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

So pretty. Nice moisturizing formula. Buildable coverage. No fragrance that I can detect. Plus, I think the packaging is gorgeous. Lighter color is CR03, darker color is BR01.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Katia

Katia Very Tilted

Ooh, Shu! Their products are usually great. Swatches please?

• Like Like x 1
  8. RedSneaker

RedSneaker Very Tilted

I'll do it when I get home. Stay tuned!

• Like Like x 1
  9. RedSneaker

RedSneaker Very Tilted

[​IMG]

Swatches!

• Like Like x 3
  10. snowy

The bottom one looks like a NYX matte lip cream that I have.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Katia

Katia Very Tilted

So pretty! Like them both, but I really love the bottom swatch. Thanks for swatching!

• Like Like x 1
  12. snowy

New Birchbox arrived today, with a silver eyeliner from Cynthia Rowley inside. What the heck am I supposed to do with a silver eyeliner? Experiment, I guess! Suggestions are very welcome.

13. GeneticShift

GeneticShift Show me your everything is okay face.

I love silver eyeliner.

Double decker wing. Small black wing, Small silver wing on top. Well, any color on top. I love it.
    --- merged: May 15, 2014 at 5:03 PM ---
    Example:
    [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: May 22, 2014
    • Like Like x 4
  14. Chris Noyb

Chris Noyb Get in, buckle up, hang on, & be quiet.

Ladies, y'all don't need all that make-up.

15. GeneticShift

I'm sorry you think that. I guess it's a good thing that I wear it for me and not you, then. ;)

• Like Like x 4
  16. Chris Noyb

And I'm sorry that I posted anything ;) .

For the record, my "Ladies, y'all don't need all that make-up" comment was meant as a compliment.

17. GeneticShift

I know :) Hence the wink face.

Just know that for your future interactions, a lot of women don't wear makeup because they feel they need it, they wear it because they think it's fun! Today I'm wearing zero makeup, and don't feel any worse about myself. ;)

• Like Like x 1
  18. Chris Noyb

Thank you for explaining that you weren't upset. Honestly, I wasn't sure how to read your post.

The idea of makeup being fun is lost on most guys, even those of us who've been around a while.

One of my sisters would die fighting for her makeup. I'm lucky, my wife only wears makeup when she has to. She doesn't want long-lasting makeup, she prefers the kind (cheap) that removes easily & quickly once the special occasion is over. She has makeup that dates to our wedding over 27 years ago, and I'm being serious.

• Like Like x 1
  19. snowy

Bingo.

My husband dislikes makeup, but he's gotten used to my no-makeup makeup. He now is so used to it he only notices when I wear an outrageous wing.

20. RedSneaker

RedSneaker Very Tilted

And makeup that is 27 years old should not be used! Buy that girl some fresh stuff!! :)

I love makeup so much I write about it and get paid to do so!

Not because I hate myself without it - but because it's a fun, artistic way to express myself. Try on a new look. Enhance what I already like about myself.

• Like Like x 3