1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

Best Car for a MILF?

Discussion in 'Tilted Gear' started by ZombieSquirrel, Mar 17, 2016.

1. Chris Noyb

Chris Noyb Get in, buckle up, hang on, & be quiet.

This thread reminds me........

My wife's co-worker & good friend, RIP, was about 57 YO when she inherited her father's late model Mustang convertible. I'm not sure what level/package it was, but it was very nice. I'm now wondering, she was 57, so how old was her father was when he was driving it?

2. Borla

Borla Moderator Staff Member

I have a buddy who is early/mid 70s. I've known him for about 15 years or so. When I met him he had a Camaro SS (1998 IIRC). He added twin turbos and a whole bunch of other goodies. Took a 300ish HP car to over 650 HP. A couple of years later he sold that for a new C5 Corvette. Once the warranty was gone, or mostly gone, he souped that thing up to around 700 HP as well. Then he sold that and now has a C6 Corvette convertible. Whole bunch of extra goodies to soup that one up as well. Now that the C7 Corvettes have been out a couple of years I'm guessing he'll upgrade into one of those before too long. I told his son that his dad is dead set (no pun intended :p ) on timing his final Corvette purchase with the last dollars left of his inheritance, and more power to him for it. :D

3. Chris Noyb

Chris Noyb Get in, buckle up, hang on, & be quiet.

Something tells me that your friend had motor oil in his veins long before you met him ;). Hey, as long as a person has the reflexes to enjoy a performance car, and the money to pay the tickets and the higher insurance premiums, why not?

With modern engine & transmission technology, the highway MPG for some V8 engines with automatic transmissions comes very close to matching that of our four cylinder Rav4. That includes Corvettes and full size pick-ups with quad cabs.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Borla

Borla Moderator Staff Member

I think he babies it most of the time.

Most of the time. :p

He claims he gets about 29-30mpg on road trips. That's not too shabby. And believe it or not, Corvettes tend to have lower insurance than many muscle/pony cars (like V8 Camaros or Mustangs) because the demographic that drives them tends to be more mature. Back when I had my 2000 Trans Am and priced out going into an early 2000s Corvette, my insurance would've stayed the same even though the value of the car would've went up by 60-80%.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Shadowex3

Shadowex3 Very Tilted

The ship may have sailed but we love our Elantra GT. Gets solid mileage, has just enough power that I can easily average 80 on the interstate and still have the headroom to pass people if necessary, handles great in tight quarters, and the hatchback makes working out of the "trunk" surprisingly comfortable. Fold the rear seats flat and it's even got enough cargo space for me to fit my mountain bike (with the front wheel popped off).

And if it's anything like our previous non-hatchback Elantra it's tougher than a brick shithouse. That thing ate a pickup going 50mph slamming into me while I was stopped at a redlight and I walked away with nothing but aches and pains.

6. ralphie250

ralphie250 Fully Erect Donor

what did we decide on?

7. Stan

Stan Resident Dumbass

Zombiesquirrel and Borla decided that ZS is indeed a MILF, they just don't agree on what the acronym means.

There is no accounting for taste in cars, we're all over the place.

ZS is keeping the vehicle that she has, for now.

• Like Like x 3
  8. ralphie250

9. Yeah. The repair I needed didn't end up being as devastating as we were told it could be. I'm sticking with the my somewhat unfriendly for child car. It's a two door, but it's cute and sporty. DaddySquirrel can't drive shift and I don't have the patience to teach him.... We haven't switched cars like we were intending to do.

10. ralphie250

too many people cant drive a stick now a days. its a shame

• Like Like x 3
  11. Stan

Stan Resident Dumbass

Both of my daughters were pissed that I made them learn stick (and parallel parking) before I signed off on their driver's license. Both drive stick by choice, now.

Don't even consider that, the closest that I ever got to divorce was teaching my wife to drive stick. Pay someone else to do it.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2016
    • Like Like x 2
  12. ralphie250

its an art. doing what I do its a must. but its a dying art. my ranger is a stick and I prefer it over my explorer that is an auto

• Like Like x 1
  13. I intend to teach my daughter how to drive stick. I appreciate and know my car better because of the experience.

HAHAHAHA. Yeah, I can't do it. I tried once and we stalled 4 times just trying to get out of the driveway.

14. ralphie250

i tried to teach my wife a few times, after the first time I had to put a clutch in it. it wasn't pretty. she could care less

15. urwatu82

urwatu82 Vertical

When my wife's CRV was totaled we went looking and found something of a unicorn. I bought her a 2012 Crosstour which in reality is an Accord hatchback with a little more ground clearance. She loves it. carries 5, gets 25+mpg and seats fold down.

• Like Like x 1
  16. ralphie250

those are few and far between. nice cars just not alot of them around. and i will agree with it being a unicorn

17. fflowley

fflowley Don't just do something, stand there!

We are total conformists.....Sienna minivan in our driveway!

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  18. ralphie250

Thankfully my wife is not a minivan person. nothing wrong with them just not my cup of tea.
    with all the horse stuff they do and my wife is always carrying around other horse riders from the barn and all their stuff. She has an expedition.
    its a 2007 model. i bought it used with 85k on it about 5 years ago. i got a real good deal on it because it needed (get ready) transmission work. imagine that. is an eddie bauer model with the folding 3rd row seats. she likes it and to me thats all that matters. it just turned 200k on it last week. i asked her if she wanted a newer one and she said that she liked what she had. Its been a good car minimal issues just typical things.

• Like Like x 2
  19. cynthetiq

cynthetiq Administrator Staff Member Donor

I was looking at one in the summer of last year as I was to replace the cheap lease I had.

this was the reason... MIL could get in and out easily

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vaynnTxLlxM

• Like Like x 1
  20. fflowley

fflowley Don't just do something, stand there!

I know you and others get a lot of pleasure from fancy cars but they do nothing for me, so I am all about the practical.
    And the minivan is the most absolutely perfect practical vehicle you could ask for.
    Hauls the family, hauls cargo, and don't have to worry bout the kids opening huge heavy doors, or banging them into the car parked next to us.

• Like Like x 4