1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

Best Car for a MILF?

Discussion in 'Tilted Gear' started by ZombieSquirrel, Mar 17, 2016.

1. ralphie250

ralphie250 Fully Erect Donor

YES THE ARE PRACTICAL FOR ALOT OF PEOPLE.
    JUST NOT SO MUCH FOR US.

MY WIFES GRANDMOTHER HAS ALWAYS HAD SOMESORT OF MINIVAN. SHE SAID THE FIRST ONE SHE EVER GOT WAS THE ORIGINAL PLYMOUTH VOYAGER BACK IN THE 80S.

WHEN THOSE CAME OUT IT WAS LIKE A TURNING POINT FOR MANUFACTURES

2. cynthetiq

cynthetiq Administrator Staff Member Donor

I'm all about practicality for a normal car for normal usage. That's why I have a 4 door Hyundai Elantra again. I got 4 years out of the first lease and now a new one for a second lease. I don't want a minivan but if that's what is going to be easiest for the MIL to get in and out of, well, that's what I'll get.

:)

• Like Like x 1
  3. Chris Noyb

Chris Noyb Get in, buckle up, hang on, & be quiet.

Why are you screaming at us?

The US government protected our domestic market from imported minivans, namely ones from Japan, to make help make sure US automobile manufacturers were first well established in the market.

What makes this protection more interesting is one of the reasons Lee Iacocca was able to turn around Chrysler was his arrangement to sell Mitsubishi cars rebadged as Chrysler(?), Plymouth, & Dodge.

4. ralphie250

Its habit, everything at work has to be in all caps, so i just go with it. sorry. Ill try to pay more attention

• Like Like x 1
  5. ralphie250

Lee Iacocca had a way better mind than some people gave him credit for.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Lindy

Lindy Moderator Staff Member

Correct me if I'm wrong, but when the first Chrycorp minivans came out in 1983, there were no foreign minivans.

• Winner Winner x 1
  7. ralphie250

I think you are right,

8. ralphie250

off subject....
    Could you imagine Lee Iacocca and John Delorian on the same panel

9. Chris Noyb

Our government banned the import of minivans so that Chrysler could develop, and have time to make needed improvements to, a US minivan before having to compete with the imports.

In my research I have not found a list of the foreign minivans that were banned from import. The only one that comes to mind is the VW Vanagon and I don't know if it was ever banned, outright or limited numbers. The number of people wanting a fugly Vanagon was probably very limited.

Whether the story is a automotive myth, or true, Chrysler did develop some very good minivans. IIRC the smaller more basic models were better the larger "Grand" models.

I'll see what I can find.

10. ralphie250

what is a better milf car?

something like a ford expedition or a chrysler minivan? i guess it depends on what you do as a milf if that makes since

11. Chris Noyb

I think the people who grew up despising the family station wagon (that is one thing That '70s Show got spot on correct) are getting old. In my mind the MV makes sense if you need more passenger seats and/or extra storage, while a SUV makes sense if you have a smaller family and don't volunteer to be the equipment manager for your kid's soccer team :p.

12. fflowley

fflowley Don't just do something, stand there!

I'm really a fan of the doors on the minivan, versus on the SUV.
    The kids can open the minivan doors, and they aren't swinging around all over the place.

• Like Like x 2