1. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

Politics Biden - How’s he doing?

Discussion in 'Tilted Philosophy, Politics, and Economics' started by rogue49, Jan 16, 2021.

1. Chris Noyb

Chris Noyb Get in, buckle up, hang on, & be quiet.

Biden pays his respects, again.

Please forgive the digression. The below still pisses me off.

McCain commanded what NPD Trump coveted and tried to demand: Respect.

McCain's death.
    NPD Trump had to be hounded to lower the flags to half mast.
    He played golf during the funeral.
    The "White House" requested the USS McCain be kept out of sight when Agent Orange 45 visited Japan.
    What a petulant child.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Chris Noyb

3. rogue49

rogue49 Tech Kung Fu Artist Staff Member

It's not even lose it, he was forced to use it, since it was appropriated by Congress.
    So it like it's an order, that's the way the law and constitution works...many don't understand. This is why presidents have pushed for a line item veto.
    He tried to get around it.

So I don't know why all the Dems are going crazy about it, saying it's a betrayal.
    And these politicians KNOW how the government works, so they aren't your typical layperson, who doesn't know the govt mechanics and rules.
    So if they KNOW, why blame Biden???

Damn, I hate the human dynamic sometimes. :rolleyes:

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. Chris Noyb

It's ridiculous. The news media isn't helping, the headlines don't read Biden Forced to Spend Money on the Border Wall.

5. rogue49

No, it's why they are a part of the problem.
    Instigators of chaos. Rumor mongers.
    It's not just "if it bleeds, it leads"
    It's "create the controversy"

Yellow journalism so bright it blinds. :confused:

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. rogue49

Biden administration takes aim at junk fees with new proposed rule, guidance

This is excellent!
    I do hope they're able to keep the momentum and lock this shit down.
    We're all being fee'd to death.

This would definitely make me vote for him again.
    The financial/business dynamics are just fucked up now, since they've adopted this fee business model.
    Fix that shit...do the deed.

I know it's going to be a HUGE battle...lots of conflict of interest and businesses are now addicted to all the $$$ to the baseline.
    But at least the administration is acknowledging there's a big issue.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Chris Noyb

I hope this happens. I remember being fascinated, in a bad way, by the charges on our land-line phone bill.

I also remember Texas state universities having a legal ceiling on tuition. The list of extra fees they tacked onto my bill was impressive.

8. rogue49

President Biden's Minnesota visit to include announcement of $5 billion in rural investments

Ok, one thing about Biden, is that he's actually familiar with rural all over the US.
    He's been all over, with all the years in Congress, and VP and even more in his personal life.
    He'll be already knowledgeable with the people and dynamics, for this marketing campaign for the initiative.

Unlike Chump who doesn't know, and could care less about them, other than their votes. (and unfortunate support) :rolleyes:

However, I wish they'd focus on the new and building burdens of all.
    It's getting really difficult for many, with hyperinflation, home/rent costs and more...despite how well the economy and business seem to be doing....there's a big disconnect.
    Hopefully this gives him a better idea of the struggles and he's able to translate that to all areas.

There's policies that businesses and government are doing to strengthen themselves, but slowly choking the normal joe. (pun intended)

I just get the sensation that they're all missing the growing cancer/infection/illness.
    Too many things distracting...and too many conflicts of interest.

BUT, he's WAY better than the alternatives.
    So let's hope he can make a mark and with this another start.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Chris Noyb

Many people hope for/want to see something very tangible, big so to say. Something that clearly benefits them.

Getting the US back on track is a small pieces by small pieces process.

Biden inheriting the fallout from NPD Trump, the Covid pandemic, Russia invading Ukraine, etc certainly isn't helping.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Chris Noyb

This' a good summary of various things Joe Biden has been accused of doing, or at minimum lying about.

Fresh revelations contradict Joe Biden’s sweeping denials on Hunter

A very strong argument can be made for what Joe Biden did for Hunter is almost nothing compared to the activities of NPD Trump prior to taking office & as POTUS.

The thing that strikes me is Biden most certainly is (appears to be) lying to protect Hunter. This stubborn streak, which is apparent in other missteps, doesn't look good to Biden supporters. And it certainly feeds his critics.

11. rogue49

IMHO, this is another Benghazi.
    And Politico has been one of those media outlets that have skew to the controversy, often enough.

I'd take this with a grain of salt. I don't smell smoke from a decent sized fire.
    Has Hunter done some not so hot things, yes. The law already has gone after him, found little, which he's claiming guilt on, officially.
    But the opposition party has pushed to find one thing or another not coming up with anything, time and time again.
    This is the opposite of Chump's son in law...where for some reason, he's ignored.

Is Biden likely claiming ignorance or plausible deniabilty...probably, as many father's would do for their sons, especially the only one left after tragic deaths of the others.
    Is this bad? IDK...but certainly understandable. But I don't think he's directly lying, or supporting his son. It hasn't added up, so far.

I watch the pattern and trend, and Hunter's ...so far...as become "much to do about nothing". And this will likely again.

I don't mind going after Dems, jbut there better be a substantive reason to go after them.
    And I think the same for GOP , Independents or otherwise.

Otherwise we might as well go after almost every damn politician out there. No matter their party and position.
    Much less every family member of them.

12. Chris Noyb

I'm not chasing Biden with a torch & a pitchfork, but I'm also not giving him a break for lying and digging in his heels when he shouldn't.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Chris Noyb

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. rogue49

'Brilliant' Biden Ad Torches Trump In Simplest Possible Way — HuffPost

I think Biden’s wit is going to come out during this election.
    No holding back, not being polite.
    Calling them as he sees them.

But subtle sarcasm, not Crude like Chump.

Chump will rage about them, AFTER they’re explained to him.
    He really doesn’t catch it otherwise.
    Neither would his base, seeing the absurd clips of them.

This kind of wicked humor is the kind of thing that the newer generation likes, something different.
    “I see what ya did there” kind of things

It makes him seems young, hip, lucid and on top of everything. Countering the “old” narrative.

He needs to bring it.
    No holds barred, because the other guy won’t hold back.
    Just do it better, smarter.

Damn even hire Obama for some friggin’ jokes and words.
    That’s his strength.

Hope Joe keeps the heat on
    And turns up the flames.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Chris Noyb

I love it! It's negative campaigning that calmly uses established facts rather than bombastic general attacks.

It reminds me of a boxer who uses jabs and subtle moves to maneuver his opponent into position, then nails him a quick precise combination that drops him.

If NPD Trump makes to the 2024 Election -- I don't see any strong indication he won't be there -- I hope he only gets votes from his hard-core base. But of course a humiliating defeat would be explained away as election interference by Agent Orange 45.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2023
    • Like Like x 1
  16. rogue49

Trump's 'dictator' remark puts 2024 campaign right where Biden wants it

This goes along the idea of the joke I posted... "Operation: Just let him speak" :D

Chump will keep making it worse too...as he tries to explain away the dictator remark.
    Even now, media is tearing that crap up like a dog with a chew toy. They love it and will keep asking about it.

And THIS is what Biden and Dems and even his GOP opposition needs to do...again and again and again.
    Note that he wants to TAKE OVER
    and any other idiotic or corrupt or scary thing

The news has to do it too...at least the majority that has criticized him.

Repeat it, say it out loud, be hard as nails.
    Stop all this tap dancing.

And frankly, if I was Biden...I'd do special mission on him.
    Screw the politics.

Treat the threat, like it's a REAL threat. A danger.

Biden has got to start hammering now, time is now in his corner...the primaries are coming, then the election before we know it.

If T's a national security risk, then treat him as such. :mad:

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. rogue49

Joe Biden Calls Republicans Time-Wasting Liars After Impeachment Vote

NOW Joe, say it louder!
    Again & again

Joe and the Dems need to start calling out the GOP.

It shouldn't be just one party angry.
    The other should be angry since the other is being so ruthless and putting America in jeopardy with their antics and support of a tyrant.

Claim your strengths and successes.
    Fight the good fight.

And somehow coax the media to highlight it and put it in the news.

Right now, only one side is yelling.

And yes, you've got a job to do.
    But as Obama said, you've got this...and you can do more than one thing.

Personally, this is where I think his age does it to him...
    Not doing the job, he does that well.
    But fighting hard and loud.

Hopefully, he gets his energy up one more time for a year, for this long haul.
    Everything is riding on the election...his last run. (more than likely...who runs after prez???)

18. rogue49

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  19. Chris Noyb

Nice gesture, and a step in the right direction...with many "Yeah, but" clauses.

20. rogue49

Historians meet Biden for a White House lunch, urge him to speak out more forcefully — POLITICO

Yes, he should speak up more forcefully.

Don’t make the mistake Obama made
    And be polite, fair and apolitical.

Once the Russians were shown to be involved, he should have shut that down. Have the GOP choose another candidate.

Too much is at stake, too much damage can occur.

Normally, with most other opposition, let it be.
    But with Chump, he has already SHOWN what he’s capable of and intends.

But Biden should do more than speak
    (which will help his campaign, he’s seen as boring and apathetic by many - quiet isn’t good )
    He should act.

The DOJ and courts are taking WAY too long.

At least, if SCOTUS is stupid enough to give T immunity, then that opens the doors for Biden to do anything…

Yes, it’s a very slippery slope
    And frankly, Congress should shut that door immediately when it is finished.
    Unfortunately, half of them are complicit too.

Question is, when should someone ACT?

Chump acted in self interest.
    Should Biden act in the public interest?

Last edited: Jan 5, 2024
    • Agree Agree x 2