1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

Politics Biden - How’s he doing?

Discussion in 'Tilted Philosophy, Politics, and Economics' started by rogue49, Jan 16, 2021.

1. rogue49

rogue49 Tech Kung Fu Artist Staff Member

2. Chris Noyb

Chris Noyb Get in, buckle up, hang on, & be quiet.

Believe it ;) or not :eek:, I do know how to search for alternate sources on the internet :rolleyes:.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Chris Noyb

The trial threads, and the numerous related articles, show that NPD Trump and the extreme right managed to load the lower federal courts with sympathetic right-wing judges.

Which leads me to wonder:
    What has Biden done with court appointments?

I haven't researched this, the thought entered my mind a few minutes ago when I was reading another thread.

4. Chris Noyb

5. rogue49

‘I’m Serious!’ Biden Lashes Out When Reporter Asks About GOP Probe Witness Busted By FBI For Lying

Sooo...
    Are the going to penalize or call out the media that encouraged the lie of the arrested liar???

No, because Fox and such, can pretty much say anything.
    They're not news...they're an apparatus.

Meanwhile Biden has to deal with constant conspiracy rumors (based on that lie and expounded on)

Frankly from the video, he didn't "lash out", he seemed very calm.
    Which annoys me about exaggeration in even supporting articles.
    I want boring dry factual news back. :rolleyes:
    I'll get my entertainment elsewhere. (but no, every has to be a circus these days)

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Chris Noyb

Juicy is fun. Dry isn't fun. The masses want juicy.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. rogue49

Presidential experts rank Biden 14th among presidents in survey, Trump comes in last

Well, good news for Joe...not good for wanna be king Joffrey. ;)

That's the problem, Biden just doesn't get enough credit...even by his own party or voters.
    Why isn’t the growing economy helping public perception of Biden? | CNN Politics

All they think is OLD
    Forgetting that all he has to do is make decisions. Judgement calls. The staff and SMEs do the rest.

Well, I hope this adds to the positive momentum.
    Chump's court loss took away attention from the hitjob report.
    Americans...we get distracted very easy. *squirrel !!* :rolleyes:

Last edited: Feb 18, 2024
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Chris Noyb

^^^

I've read some articles and saw interviews discussing Biden’s lack of popularity (in the sense of enthusiastic recognition).

A concise summary: Biden is boring. It's not a rap against his performance, it's his (lack of) personality.

One issue is in 2020 voters were fired up to get rid of NPD Trump. Now many of them are again complacent, & they've had over three years of Boring Biden.

The general feeling is Biden needs to get fired up, and since that alone won't be enough, his election team, & the Dems in general, need to get fired up.

None of the above is new news, @rogue49 and many political pundits have been saying this for quite a while.

One accurate criticism is Biden hasn't visited any of the US & Mexico border states.

I see this as a huge mistake because this is a major issue in the election. I do admit my living in Texas does influence my perspective*, but immigration is indeed a huge issue.

OTOH it could be a lose lose situation. He visits, make some empty (meaningful) comments, & gets attacked (anyway).

* I've being hearing about illegal immigration as far back as I can remember, about 60 years. It has always been a concern, but never a huge concern like it became when NPD Trump made it one. The thing is the numbers, even from neutral sources, do show some concern is warranted.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2024
    • Like Like x 1
  9. rogue49

Dark Brandon rises

Embrace the Dark side... ;)
    Being polite and civil doesn't go anymore...at least against the ultimate loudmouth.

Now Biden's got his aides pushing the attacks...snark on Chump putting his foot in his mouth.

At least this will be worth the popcorn in this long tedious ride to November.

• Like Like x 1
  10. rogue49

• Informative Informative x 1
  11. Chris Noyb

I'm guessing many of the people it helps the most are in various groups that aren't dedicated voters, which generally speaking is a large & consistent problems for the Dems.

12. rogue49

13. Chris Noyb

Many people defend businesses' right to pass along higher prices while trying to increase their profit margin.

That sounds like a recipe for inflation.

Many of those people complain about fuel prices, yet defend the big oil companies' right to make a profit (as in record high profits).

Combine the above with people wanting their tax cuts, but whining about fewer LEOs and higher crime. Cutting the taxes that fund police departments (and the courts, & prisons) is a form of:
    De-funding the police.

Much of this isn’t on Biden.

It's on the greedy voters and the politicians who buy their votes.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. rogue49

That one last phone call Joe Biden always needs to make

Interesting article.
    Longer...but it shows you the methods of his decision making and thinking process.

I like that he reaches out to others often to get different insights and perspectives.

He's definitely pragmatic.
    And doesn't take a narrow, it's my way or the highway, attitude.

It also shows the energy he puts in to get info and making the decisions...AND following up.
    He doesn't work in a black box.
    Ignorance is not bliss.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Chris Noyb

• Like Like x 1
  16. rogue49

Joe Biden suddenly leads Donald Trump in multiple polls

Some good news for Joe.

Of course, it depends on what damn site you're looking at. (becuase some are saying opposite :rolleyes:)

Frankly, what's it going to take??? Just Biden, getting out every day and trouncing the bastard. And the bastard fucking up.
    All the way to the end in November...because Americans are fickle shits.

Hope Joe can keep it up.

Just win.
    And stay alive until next February. (hopefully longer, he doing good...but one more year, at keast)

• Like Like x 1
  17. rogue49

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. rogue49

Credit Bidenomics for Rising US Wages

Not that he'll get credit for it. :rolleyes:

But maybe, just maybe, it's seeping in...his polling just went above 40% and is rising.
    Keep it cool Joe. :cool:
    The American public might just come to reality, just in time to save them from themselves. (with stupid choices) :confused:

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  19. Chris Noyb

I give Biden credit for slowly but surely getting the US back on track.

I do feel compelled to point out the author of that article is using a study he conducted with two other people. His perspective isn't neutral, but OTOH that's not to say he's wrong.

Now whining & bitching...
    The article requires a registration, free, to read the full article. I already receive too many news feeds because of required registrations.

20. rogue49

I didn't get that prompt at all. It's not like a typical site I belong to.
    Technology :rolleyes: