1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

Politics Biden - How’s he doing?

Discussion in 'Tilted Philosophy, Politics, and Economics' started by rogue49, Jan 16, 2021.

1. ASU2003

ASU2003 Very Tilted

He does talk a good game, but let's see if he is going to use the DPA to it's full extent or not.

I think part of the issue is that they are being cautious to hold back second shots, or at least they don't trust that the second shots will be there when people come back in 3-4 weeks. If you saw what happened in Seattle when a freezer died and they all of a sudden were able to vaccinate a lot more people and run into the night.

I would hope that everything is being done to safely make as many vaccines as possible. I would hope that the DPA would cover assisting the workers at Pfizer/Moderna, let alone building a new line or getting in new equipment/buildings to produce more by telling other companies that they have to help.

But it isn't just the availability, the states are being too optimistic about their groups they are trying to vaccinate and the dates they want to get to the new groups. Maybe it is due to not having enough vaccine, but getting everyone 60+ vaccinated and teachers, doctors, nurses, and first responders should be the main goal of this 100 million shots.

It is also going to be interesting who they give the J&J vaccine to. Will it be the restaurant industry and grocery store workers? Maybe the teachers are going to be getting that one? And they better find out if it would be possible to get the mRNA vaccine next year after you have had the J&J one to get up to the 95% protection.

2. rogue49

rogue49 Tech Kung Fu Artist Staff Member

Biden to GOP on executive orders: you gonna bark all day, little doggy, or you gonna bite

Sock it to them.

What’s good for the goose...

Besides, we’ve seen what it’s like when you cater to them...Obama learned the hard way.

No mo’ sucker punches.

——————-

Meanwhile, in the real world where they’re solve real problems ASAP
    AND cleaning up after the stupid

Biden Administration: Hey you know all those pharmacies and minute clinics that do such a great job of getting everyone their flu shots every year? How about we use THEM to get everyone a Covid shot instead of reinventing the wheel?

Yes, adjustments are being made.
    They’re just starting...

Can’t happen fast enough

Last edited: Feb 2, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  3. rogue49

Defense secretary removes hundreds of advisory board members in sweeping review

Austin ousts Pentagon advisory board members as he roots out Trump appointees

Again, moving fast...even at the Pentagon.
    But it's to remove all the loyalist appointees T put in at the last moment. (like Nov, after the loss)

And the "name" Subject Matter Experts T's cohorts replaced... Kissinger? Albright?
    Such brilliant minds replaced by cronies.

The corruption is profound.
    God knows what else they'll find.

Glad they're taking action.

• Like Like x 3
  4. Chris Noyb

Chris Noyb Get in, buckle up, hang on, & be quiet.

I'm glad to see that some Biden folks are on the job.

The second article does mention some Conman Trump rectal cleaners who are not being removed; I will never again believe anything Kellyanne Conway says.

Reading about all of those committees and numerous members immediately reminded me of the Bureaucratic Decision by Committee Process:

tree-swing-s-hogh.jpg

1606641141921.jpeg

Last edited: Feb 3, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  5. rogue49

I’m sure they’re going to have to do the same at the DOJ

And of course, Graham is delaying an expedited AG approval.
    Obviously, going to use it for leverage in the T trial.

It’s like one bad Dick Dastardly plot after another

But we’ll definitely need full justice to clean up
    Investigate and prosecute

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. rogue49

• Like Like x 2
  7. rogue49

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. Chris Noyb

Edit: Paywall, no more freebies for Noyb.

The title of the article is somewhat misleading, as are many articles covering the same news.

Trump has to request the briefings, they're not automatically provided to him, which the title seems to imply. But it's effective clickbait, people will think "What the hell are they doing sending intelligence reports to Trump?".

I agree with Biden, Conman can't be trusted.

Apparantly what goes into the briefings can be controlled. What Conman would receive (if he ever decided to do so, reading isn't his thing) most likely wouldn't be the same as what Biden receives.

• Like Like x 1
  9. ralphie250

ralphie250 Fully Erect Donor

Hes not a great speaker. I think people will poke at him for that

10. Chris Noyb

IIRC Biden has acknowledged having a speech impediment. I can sometimes hear slurring in his speech, and he seems to concentrate on his articulation. When he gets excited he paues, possibly to control a stutter.

Making fun of someone's speech impediment is low class.

11. rogue49

Careful, let’s keep it clear.
    Certain comments can be misinterpreted

12. ralphie250

ralphie250 Fully Erect Donor

what i am saying is that some people are great speakers. Obama is an example of a great speaker. Biden in my opinion is not. It has nothing to do with any speech impediment. I didnt even know he had one.
    When i say some people will poke at him for that, i mean that some people who hate him will say shit about him not being a good speaker.

It just has to do with stage presence. nothing to do with talking

13. ASU2003

ASU2003 Very Tilted

It is a tricky subject. I'm not sure we want every President to be picked based on how smooth they are at giving speeches and how good they are at debating. However, a charismatic leader does benefit from having large amounts of people following them and helping their agenda get enacted.

I don't have a problem with Biden giving speeches, but I don't know if the "Come on man" parts to convince people are his personality or actually written in by the speechwriters.

14. Chris Noyb

I was speaking generally.

I absolutely was NOT thinking, suggesting, or saying that ralphie was making fun of Biden's speaking.

Biden's "Come on, man" sounds real to me. If it was 'created' he has integrated it into his normal speaking.

• Like Like x 1
  15. rogue49

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. rogue49

Severe weather, blackouts show the grid's biggest problem is infrastructure, not renewables

After Covid, I'm hoping Biden and Congress focuses Infrastructure.
    While we're not thinking about debt levels...this is what both sides can get behind. (LOTS of good pork to go to ALL states.)
    What we need is for the roads, bridge, water, electrical grid etc. all of it to get better. (AND more secure...we're vulnerable there too)
    Lots of Jobs. (and for politicians, contracts, kickbacks, happy constituents, etc)

• Agree Agree x 3
  17. Freetofly

Freetofly Diving deep into the abyss

18. Chris Noyb

Per the article it sounds like Harris is doing some initial basic glad handing for Biden, nothing more. I certainly don't see any Cheneyism taking place. Biden said Harris would have an active role as VP, and Biden has plenty on his plate.

• Like Like x 1
  19. boink

boink Slightly Tilted

I liked the town hall.
    'cmon people..yeah I buy his delivery.
    I don't expect anything big. Realistically, they don't call it sausage making for nothing.
    Lots of players at the card table of politics have some very strong hands that can hurt the economy or upend parts of it that John and Jane Q Public need. I'm sure all politicians make bargains they really dislike because it's better than some other outcome we may never hear about. So, I cut the left wing some reality slack.
    Better than pussy grabbing slack, race bating slack, profiteering slack. Flat out lying slack.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. rogue49

Biden authorizes FEMA to provide generators and supplies to states hit by storms. Well, good, but he insulted them first, right? Implied it was their fault? Implied that he should be appreciated more? Wait, he didn't? What is this I don't even

What???
    No sucking of the dick before “handouts”?
    No kissing of the ring or the ass??

Let’s hope the good momentum keeps going
    We’re watching (because we’re assholes that way)

But good call on the helpline

Damn this cleanup is going to take tons of elbow grease and funds.