1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

Bill Cosby - Is it true???

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by rogue49, Nov 21, 2014.

1. rogue49

rogue49 Tech Kung Fu Artist Staff Member

So this brings it up to seven...7...hard to believe.

Two new Cosby accusers emerge, including former Playboy bunny Carla Ferrigno

Frankly, I don't know what to think.
    But, if it's true...and he's smart, he'll just do as he's doing, shut the hell up...and go away.

But I guess anything is possible in the flux of humanity and their lives.
    There are no rules to personality.

Jerry Sandusky...great asst. coach...even had a charity...admired. Discovered to be sick.
    Dr. Nikita Levy - the Johns Hopkins gyno who spied on & recorded thousands of his patients
    They just caught a well respected Rabbi in DC who spied on & recorded his female converts to Judaism
    The catholic church priest abuse scandal
    Hundreds of teachers noted the past some years (both men AND women)
    and so on...

Doesn't matter if the person is trusted and admired...and even done great good.
    Bad is bad
    An evil action is an evil action.

It can't be proven...no case has been raised...laws and the system have their limits.

If it's true...just go away.
    Let them remember your good side or mask on the screen.

And if it's not...then why do these ladies come out to say it??
    And why won't you say anything??

Cliff Huxtable - RIP

• Like Like x 1
  2. ralphie250

ralphie250 Fully Erect Donor

i jsut find it hard to believe. it seems like a way to slander his name or get some money. maybe its just wishful thinking. but why wait so long

3. Chris Noyb

Chris Noyb Get in, buckle up, hang on, & be quiet.

I have a lot of respect for Bill Cosby. I remember when he was one of the most popular comedians in the business, his clean comedy was in stark contrast to that of other black comedians such as Flip Wilson, Red Foxx, Richard Pryor, etc. I also admired him for his blunt comments telling blacks to quit whining and make something of themselves on their own.

With that said, if the allegations are true, Cosby needs to face the music legally and with the public. He could keep quiet since the chances of the charges being proven after the amount of time that has passed are slim, but that move could backfire.

I hope that the allegations aren't true, but humans are flawed, and Bill Cosby is human.

4. Baraka_Guru

Baraka_Guru Möderätor Staff Member

There has been a lot of talk about this in Canada after a bomb was dropped regarding one of Canada's most popular radio personalities.

This article should answer your question and more:

What Kind Of Woman Won't Report Sexual Assault? | ;Sandy Garossino

But here is the short answer (from the article):

What kind of woman doesn't report?

So what kind of woman is reluctant to report sexual assault? Anyone who consumed drugs or alcohol before the incident, who was intoxicated; who flirted with, has a relationship with, knows, or has significantly lower status than the perpetrator.​

Any woman who's had an abortion or messy divorce. Anyone who might be in a custody battle. Anyone with a sketchy social media history. Anyone who's sexted nude photos or has unorthodox sexual tastes.​

Any sex worker. Anyone who initially consented to sex. Anyone with addiction issues. Anyone afraid of her assailant. Any First Nations woman. Anyone from a minority or immigrant community. Anyone who's been raped before and not been believed.​

Anyone without a strong support network. Any woman who waits too long. Anyone who's seen a shrink, or been prescribed medication for mental or emotional conditions. Any woman who doesn't want her medical records or psychiatric history disclosed. Or who has family members and a community who could be hurt or shamed by disclosure or publicity. Anyone with a criminal record or who is on public assistance.​

Any woman with a past. Any woman with a future she doesn't want derailed by the stress of reporting.​

In short, the kind of woman who doesn't report a sexual attack is almost any normal rational woman.​

Last edited: Nov 21, 2014
    • Like Like x 6
  5. ralphie250

answers that question. i understand the coming out so to speak can cause alot of backlash on theirselves

6. Borla

Borla Moderator Staff Member

This story saddens me. I've always been a Cosby fan. Grew up on The Cosby Show, have been to see him perform live, appreciate the fact that he promotes education and family responsibility, etc. Unfortunately it seems that he was almost certainly a giant hypocrite through it all. I'd heard an allegation or two in the distant past, but could dismiss them as ancient history that would've likely been proven or gotten more traction if true. But at this point it is incredibly difficult to imagine that there is all of this smoke without fire at its source. What a horrible thing to do.

7. rogue49

After reading @Baraka_Guru 's post above...
    Problem is...that many think that a woman who is "negative" in any context "deserves" what she got in the rape...or it dismisses any accusation.
    Just as much many think that a guy who's done bad deserves death.

The extreme mindset of "justice" and "punishment" is a problem that has existed for centuries...and even to this day.
    How many "witches" were burned?
    How many men were disemboweled?

Now, it's not death...as often...we're more "civilized"...but still jail first, is often what happens in reality. (as opposed to fiction/media where the "bad guys" are killed easily and often)
    And the women are getting what they "deserved".

Humans can be a sick race at times.
    Both the perp....and the witnesses.

We need to look at ourselves.
    And believe the ones in crisis.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Shadowex3

Shadowex3 Very Tilted

If number of accusations were all it took to prove guilt then the Jews would be responsible for everything from spoiled milk to water fluoridation and every witch in history would've been guilty. Hell I myself would've been in prison after the school bullies realised how easily they could manipulate the discipline policy by alleging all kinds of things of me.

We have due process of law and a burden of proof for a reason.

And the parts you leave out are where the author kinkshames and repeatedly decries the fact that people are innocent until proven guilty, all but calling for the abolution or reversal of the burden of proof.

9. Lindy

Lindy Moderator Staff Member

Similar accusations, some with veracity, didn't seem to permanently damage Bill Clinton.

10. Shadowex3

Shadowex3 Very Tilted

Bill Clinton is white. Cosby is a black man and someone whose character society has a prurient glee in seeing tarnished... just like all the myths about Mr. Rogers.

11. omega

omega Very Tilted

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't remember Clinton being accused of forcible rape.

• Like Like x 1
  12. rogue49

True, you are innocent until proven guilty...in a court of law...which is why he wasn't prosecuted...there wasn't evidence beyond "doubt".

However, there does "seem" to be a preponderance of unusual situations surrounding him...the pattern and trend is emerging.
    It is a "court" of media...he's not being gone after by the law...but the media is announcing it. "If it bleeds, it leads" Welcome to the wonderful world of 24/7 news cycle.

The only way he can battle it, is to somehow disprove it...or come out in his own presentation and media blitz.
    Or hide out, with his millions...and wait it out until it's not interesting...like Woody Allen or Roman Polanski.

And I hope you are right.
    But please don't think I'm all about attacking the accused...and don't believe in our law system.
    As I was accused myself when I was younger by the first woman I was sexual with. (she wanted to get back together with her boyfriend...who stalked me the rest of the time I was in that town)
    And I had to go thru the whole cops coming to my door and more. Great thing to have happen in your senior year of HS...

However, mine was an outlier...and fortunately, I was able to move on as did she.
    You do not see this ever happen again in my whole following life 25+ years. And I'd say its rare for any person, even a celeb. (and they get weirdos, sexual situations and more galore)
    A specific pattern is emerging....it doesn't look good. And settling out of court and having formal witnesses vs. you doesn't help.

Again, I hope he's not...I'd like to go back to the other idea of him.
    But he better not be naive with the media...it's a whole other "court"
    No burden of proof.

13. Baraka_Guru

Are you going to make a point?

• Like Like x 1
  14. Charlatan

Charlatan sous les pavés, la plage

@Shadowex3

Seriously. Make a point. Your diatribes are boring.

We get it. You have an axe. You like to grind it.

15. ralphie250

what kills me is that even if all the accusations are false, he will still be known for it.

16. Shadowex3

Shadowex3 Very Tilted

We're in a thread where a major part of the issue is the idea that if a bunch of people accuse a man of sexual impropriety it clearly must be true. You posted an article written by a sexist kinkshamer that openly said she believes in publicly shaming men with sexual tastes she doesn't agree with and who repeatedly all but outright calls for the abolition or total reversal of the burden of proof. More than that you posted the specific section of handwringing where the author wails and gnashes her teeth over people not automatically believing an accusation= guilt.

I made a point. Perhaps the problem here is that your worldview has become so twisted you're incapable of even recognizing the concept when the consequences of your position are laid out right in front of you:

17. Baraka_Guru

You presume a lot, which is ironic.

We can talk about the article in more detail as it applies to the Cosby case, but it would help if you made a cogent point about it. All I saw was something about antisemitism and some questionable charge about "kinkshaming" and burden of proof, none of which have anything to do with why I referred to the article.

Now you handwave the rest of it away, which is convenient but ultimately unsatisfying.

Also, don't presume you know my worldview. You know very little about me, which would explain why you're always making conjectures about me if you're not outright making shit up.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2014
  18. rogue49

So anyway...it seems that many are having trouble like us, adjusting their heads to the potential (and alleged) idea of Cosby doing this.
    For Some Fans, Accusations of Rape Crumble Bill Cosby’s Wholesome Image

Perhaps it's just inertia...having to come to a full stop and maybe go 180...if not go 360, if it is all bogus.

Again, he's got the law on his side...there's nothing that they can do...plus even so, the burden of proof is on the accuser, innocent until proven guilty.

BUT, there is no burden of proof in the media...nor with the masses.
    I was watching a legal show talking about this...and came up with the idea that Cosby could sue for slander. (Tom Cruz certainly doesn't hesitate to go after people or tabloids for false stories about him)
    Perhaps Cosby could do this if they are false.

But that takes a heavy lift....and the pundits were likely correct in that he may feel too overwhelmed and tired to tackle it just yet. (He is 77, y'know)

IMHO, probably best just to retire and stay quiet. (he's got plenty of money)
    Fortunately for him, the media and public are ADD...so they'll be chewing on other things later
    That and the "bottom line" execs will reup for his series when things quiet down. (they only care about the "warm & fuzzy" for the money)

But I will tell you this...if he DID do this with some pattern and habit...then even if he fades...he won't be able to get away with it again...
    And then no one will give him the benefit of the doubt...and the law will be on him like like glue.
    Problem is...people with this kind of problem, can't stop themselves.

Let's hope he's not really a habitual offender...or any outlier past activity.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2014
  19. Shadowex3

Shadowex3 Very Tilted

If he does nothing or settles people will assume it's because he's guilty. If he sues for slander and libel people will assume it's because he's guilty. It doesn't matter what he does, they're going to assume he's guilty.

So that's a "yes" then, you are completely incapable of even seeing a contradicting point even when it's spelled out right in front of you. I explicitly stated or referred to the underlying problem in literally every single sentence in plain english and gave you three examples showing exactly why and how it's a problem. I don't know how I can make this any simpler than plain english and grade school level historical references. If you don't get it at this point the only thing I can think of is "see spot run".

20. rogue49

So...considering you're passionate about this...and in all sincerity...what would you do in this situation if you were Bill Cosby???
    I've already noted my opinion.