1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

Bill Paxton Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'Tilted Entertainment' started by Fangirl, Feb 26, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Fangirl

Fangirl Very Tilted

I dig Paxton's New Wave roots.

Here's a tribute to Paxton from my long-time fave media critic, Maureen Ryan.
    Remembering Bill Paxton, Hollywood’s Scene-Stealing Everyman

Take his Private Hudson in “Aliens,” my favorite Paxton role. Early in the movie, Hudson is a blusterer, a loud mouth who boasts and razzes and is an almost obnoxious presence. Yet the character is lovable in his boisterousness, and he somehow becomes even more appealing in the scene in which he loses all hope. After a pulse-pounding showdown with the aliens, when he squawks that iconic line — “Game over, man! Game over!” — Hudson is all of us. He’s our immediate, primal connection to the plight of the characters, because he reacts the way any normal, terrified person would. Among this motley collection of people, Hudson has no guile and no chill. It’s a human moment — raw, funny, and cathartic all at once.​

• Like Like x 2
  2. rogue49

rogue49 Tech Kung Fu Artist Staff Member

Actually, I'm surprised how many forget him in "Big Love"
    He was on that series for some time.

Did a pretty good job too.
    Won lots of awards.
    And that's not just about juggling 3 wives... ;)

• Like Like x 1
  3. Fangirl

Fangirl Very Tilted

Being a long-time HBO subscriber, I totally remember totally avoiding it. I like Paxton but the premise of that show left me cold. Different strokes.

4. Borla

Borla Moderator Staff Member

It definitely was not what I originally expected it to be.

• Like Like x 1