1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Hey Guest!
The donation button is here.
https://goo.gl/aFggcs
Dismiss Notice
Guest, some new updates and fixes were done. Please let staff know if anything is funky or wonky!!!

Binge-listen

Discussion in 'Tilted Entertainment' started by cynthetiq, Jun 27, 2018.

1. cynthetiq

cynthetiq Administrator Staff Member Donor

I've been working at a place where I put on headphones and just listen to music. From the moment I start at 8 AM until I end at 5 PM. Sure I take a break one moment here or there but for the most part, I'm listening to something to keep my pace and tempo going.

So the other day I listened to Led Zepplin I-IV. I'm going to do the other albums later this week. I did Garbage also.

It's interesting to hear the progression of the musician and the time period of course that the album was written is reflected as well.

I tried to do the Beatles but some of the music was just too slow.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

2. Charlatan

Charlatan sous les pav├ęs, la plage Donor

I frequently do these sorts of binge listens.

I recently did the Beatles. It was very cool to hear them progress album to album.

You might try:
    Pearl Jam
    The Who
    The Police (I did this recently, it was good)
    The Clash
    Elvis Costello

• Like Like x 1
  3. Lindy

Lindy Very Tilted Donor

I binge-listen regularly. Partly because I love music, and approach it in kind of a nerdy intellectual way. I mostly binge on classical, because if I'm trying to analyze or dig into numbers I find lyrics distracting. Last week I went through six different conductors' performances of the Shostakovich Symphony No. 5 in d minor while analyzing some potential investment changes.
    I especially liked this from the Pacific Music Festival. Excellent choreography of the camera work and a fine performance.

Music starts at about 7:00 in and one of the bassoonists show nice cleavage...;)

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UN13eEmrc-A

4. Remixer

Remixer Middle Eastern Doofus Donor

I frequently have to get into hyper-work mode and plough through proposal documents, Excels, and whatnot for weeks on end.

Almost permanently listening to a variety of electronic music, and my Spotify's huge array of static and weekly-updated playlists reflect that.

5. redravin

redravin Cynical Optimist Donor

The Rolling Stones is a fun progression. Check out the Singles Collection: The London Years.
    The White Stripes
    Kate Bush
    The Cramps