1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

Binge-listen

Discussion in 'Tilted Entertainment' started by cynthetiq, Jun 27, 2018.

1. cynthetiq

cynthetiq Administrator Staff Member Donor

I've been working at a place where I put on headphones and just listen to music. From the moment I start at 8 AM until I end at 5 PM. Sure I take a break one moment here or there but for the most part, I'm listening to something to keep my pace and tempo going.

So the other day I listened to Led Zepplin I-IV. I'm going to do the other albums later this week. I did Garbage also.

It's interesting to hear the progression of the musician and the time period of course that the album was written is reflected as well.

I tried to do the Beatles but some of the music was just too slow.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

2. Charlatan

Charlatan sous les pavés, la plage

I frequently do these sorts of binge listens.

I recently did the Beatles. It was very cool to hear them progress album to album.

You might try:
    Pearl Jam
    The Who
    The Police (I did this recently, it was good)
    The Clash
    Elvis Costello

• Like Like x 1
  3. Lindy

Lindy Moderator Staff Member

I binge-listen regularly. Partly because I love music, and approach it in kind of a nerdy intellectual way. I mostly binge on classical, because if I'm trying to analyze or dig into numbers I find lyrics distracting. Last week I went through six different conductors' performances of the Shostakovich Symphony No. 5 in d minor while analyzing some potential investment changes.
    I especially liked this from the Pacific Music Festival. Excellent choreography of the camera work and a fine performance.

Music starts at about 7:00 in and one of the bassoonists show nice cleavage...;)

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UN13eEmrc-A

4. Remixer

Remixer Middle Eastern Doofus

I frequently have to get into hyper-work mode and plough through proposal documents, Excels, and whatnot for weeks on end.

Almost permanently listening to a variety of electronic music, and my Spotify's huge array of static and weekly-updated playlists reflect that.

5. redravin

redravin Cynical Optimist Donor

The Rolling Stones is a fun progression. Check out the Singles Collection: The London Years.
    The White Stripes
    Kate Bush
    The Cramps

• Like Like x 1