1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

Blade Runner - orginal theatrical release

Discussion in 'Tilted Entertainment' started by buzzgunner, Feb 10, 2021.

1. buzzgunner

buzzgunner 180 gr. of diplomacy

For years, I've been trying to find a DVD/Blu-Ray copy of the original theatrical release of Blade Runner to add to my movie collection and have had absolutely no luck whatsoever. If you want the director's cut or the so-called final release, they're a-dime-a-dozen. The original release, OTOH, is nowhere to be found. As you may expect, there are numerous differences between the original release and the others. The main one (for me, anyway) is that the original release is the only one containing voice-over monologues by Deckard (Harrison Ford). The musical soundtrack is also different.

I've tried Amazon, eBay, and other retail outlets until I'm blue in the face and have always struck out. Can anyone offer any suggestions?

2. ThomasM69 New Member

I purchased an italian boxset containing all cuts available at that time via ebay.

...no I won't sell it.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  3. rogue49

rogue49 Tech Kung Fu Artist Staff Member

You could try crowdsourcing...getting a multitude of people to investigate for you.

Or try Meta Search Engines, which combine multiple search engine results into one.
    10 Meta-Search Engines Reviewed and Compared

Remember to use the Advanced search capabilities and features.
    I hope this helps.

4. Chris Noyb

Chris Noyb Get in, buckle up, hang on, & be quiet.

IMLE, the later special releases usually include the OTR.

I think we have two copies on DVD, but I haven't watched BR in several years, will need to look for them (also our house flooding caused a few dirty DVD problems).

5. buzzgunner

buzzgunner 180 gr. of diplomacy

Chris, they don't contain the voice-over that was used in the original theatrical release.. I know this because I've purchased (and returned) copies of all the other versions (the directors cut, the final cut, the directors final cut, the final directors cut...) and they either don't have the voice-over at all, or they have a voice-over by someone other than Harrison Ford, or with different dialog.

• Informative Informative x 1
  6. Chris Noyb

Chris Noyb Get in, buckle up, hang on, & be quiet.

It's odd that the actual OTR isn't offered.

7. boink

boink Slightly Tilted

I have the box set with the silver origami unicorn. It has a disc that says Original theatrical cut.
    It's the 30 year anniversary collection blu ray.