1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

Body Armor

Discussion in 'Tilted Gear' started by EventHorizon, Dec 23, 2012.

?

If you could only choose one piece of armor, what area would it protect?

1. Skull

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Torso

13 vote(s)
    92.9%
  3. Arms

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Legs

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Feet

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Eyes

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Hands

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. smooth spot

1 vote(s)
    7.1%
  1. KirStang

KirStang Something Patriotic.

No, just the beard.

========================
    I buy this stuff so I can train with it without using and misappropriating what uncle sam gave me. If you're on a hot range doing cool-guy drills with people you barely know, it's nice to have level IV plates in case Mr. Tacti-fatty pops you as he's struggling to pick up his twinkie-laden gut. It has happened with careless instructors. Also, there is a clause when you requisition your gear that you won't use it for private use.

I'm never going to use my level III-A rated helmet for a stroll to the local grocery, but I may use it when I snow-board. The impact rating on these things are tremendous.

Oh, and as far as body armor--I have used concealable soft-armor when I lived in Baltimore. That place wasn't very secure.

I'll also wear concealable soft-armor when I go to the gun range. Just as a precaution.

Does that explain enough?
    --- merged: Dec 25, 2012 at 12:55 AM ---
    Bro...go pilot a drone or something. Leave the real work to the men. ;)

Have you worn electronic ear-pro underneath a MICH2000? Shit sucks, man. Give me a high cut, any day.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2013
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Alistair Eurotrash

Yes. Thanks for taking the time (and Merry Christmas!).

3. KirStang

KirStang Something Patriotic.

Merry Christmas, Alistair. :)

4. omega

omega Very Tilted

my body armor is issued by work. and i am much happier for it. so is my wife.

• Like Like x 1
  5. When my son was going out to Basra, we thought he would have to pay for his own body armour, so when I started phoning round, I asked for body armour with groin cover. Not cheap, but what price an intact groin area. Dad had shrapnel in his groin. They offered to dig it out at a field hospital with no anathsetic. He declined the offer, prefering to wait till he got home. In the end, son was issued some, no groin protection - sadly, at the same time, although they always found armour for Blair and the like, out for a photo op, many British servicemen had bugger all.

6. cynthetiq

cynthetiq Administrator Staff Member Donor

Weird. I knew people in Los Angeles that wore spurs and chaps. They liked to wear spurs and felt it completed them just right. WTF? Dude you don't even rave a horse let alone ride a horse ever.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Freetofly

Freetofly Diving deep into the abyss

If I had to make a choice it would be body armor for sure. :D