1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

Books you read over and over (and over) again

Discussion in 'Tilted Entertainment' started by CinnamonGirl, Aug 10, 2011.

1. Mysugarcane

Mysugarcane Vertical

The Four Agreements is my re-read book by Don Miguel Ruiz. The agreements are simply common sense rules for living, but difficult to practice in daily life.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Enders Game by Orson Scott Card

3. Hektore

Hektore Slightly Tilted

I reread The Hobbit about 3-4 times a year. One of my favorite books and a great way to spend a quiet evening on the porch swing.

4. lktknow2

lktknow2 New Member

The Story of Edgar Sawtelle by David Wroblewski

I don't know what it is about this book, but I have read it three times now, and last week got the audio from the library, and listened to it.
    it is the authors first book. To me , it was one of those books that i hated to see end.

5. This thread is giving me so much ammo.

I don't read much; I simply don't force myself to sit down with a book (even if I know the book is good) and read it often. Must hit up the library.

Books that immediately come to mind that I would re-read include Hemingway's "A Farewell To Arms," Truman Capote's "In Cold Blood," The HP series, and Garth Nix's "Seventh Tower" series.
    I still haven't finished Seventh Tower... this tells you how infrequently I read. :(

Updating my To-Read list! :D

6. AlterMoose

AlterMoose Slightly Tilted

Some of the classic Stephen King works. 'Salem's Lot, Christine, The Stand. Haven't yet read Pet Sematery though. That one scare my mom so much that she swore off King for the rest of her life....

7. GeneticShift

GeneticShift Show me your everything is okay face.

Ender's Game. Always and forever.

8. rogue49

rogue49 Tech Kung Fu Artist Staff Member

• Magician by Raymond E. Fiest (and following saga...)
    • The Belgariad by David Eddings (and following saga...)
    • The Incarnations of Immortality by Piers Anthony
    • Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy by Douglas Adams (and following saga)
    • The Vlad Taltos/Jhereg series by Steven Brust

9. shanifaye

shanifaye Dominissive

That kind of happened to me. I won't give up on King, and reread many of his books...but I will never read IT again
    --- merged: Oct 2, 2012 at 6:57 AM ---
    sigh...I LOVE The Thornbirds, I cant tell you how many copies I've gone through since I was teenager
    --- merged: Oct 2, 2012 at 7:12 AM ---
    Lets see my list would be... (along with the Thornbirds)
    All of Lynn Kurland's books (I do this once a year)
    The Godfather
    The Southern Vampire Mysteries (otherwise known as the Sookie Stackhouse or True Blood books)
    One of Victoria Holts books Spring of the Tiger (though I own all her books and read most of them over and over, this particular one was the very first romance book I ever read lol)
    Sydney Sheldon's Master of the Game
    Jacqueline Susann's Valley of the Dolls and The Love Machine
    Judith Krantz's Scruples
    John Berendt's Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil
    All of Paul Harvey's "The rest of the story" books
    Poppy Z Brite's Lost Souls
    Diana Gabaldon's Outlander
    All of Sharyn McCrumb's "Ballad" books: The ballad of Frankie Silver, The Songcatcher, Rosewood Casket, She Walks These Hills, Ghost Rider
    All of Clive Cussler's Dirk Pitt books (pre-Dirk Pitt Jr)
    John Jakes Bicentennial Series and the North & South Series

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 9, 2012
  10. Raghnar

Raghnar Getting Tilted

There are very few books that I like to read more than once...
    Above all, one I can read over and over again, is the Petit Prince of Antoine de Saint-Exuperie

11. highjinx

highjinx "My phobia drowned while i was gettin' down."

12. CinnamonGirl

CinnamonGirl The Cheat is GROUNDED!

I was revisiting this thread, and realized I missed this the first time around. I haven't read that one, but The Ordinary Princess (by the same author) has been one of my very favorite books since I was a kid (and also, one of those books I read over and over and over.) I'm not really a huge fan of historical fiction, but I'll definitely have to check out The Far Pavilions.

13. Japchae

Japchae Very Tilted

DSM-IV-TR

14. snowy

snowy so kawaii Staff Member

I reread A Swiftly Tilting Planet recently, and all it really made me want to do was reread A Wrinkle in Time and Many Waters. I'm not a huge fan of A Wind in the Door.

Twelve-year-old me was in love with this book cover:
    [​IMG]

Planning ahead, I think I'm going to reread Austen's oeuvre this summer. I read all of them last year, and while I've reread Pride and Prejudice already this year, I really want to read Persuasion and Northanger Abbey again.

• Like Like x 2
  15. DamnitAll

DamnitAll Wait... what?

OMG, ditto on that book cover. Seriously.

• Like Like x 1
  16. redux

redux Very Tilted

Recently read Exodus for the third or fourth time

[​IMG]

17. GeneticShift

I reread the whole Harry Potter series typically once a year within the span of 2 weeks. No shame.

• Like Like x 2
  18. CinnamonGirl

CinnamonGirl The Cheat is GROUNDED!

I read the entire series last summer for the first time, and since then, I think I've read Half-Blood Prince and Deathly Hallows about four times each. ALL THE FEELS.

19. GeneticShift

Half-Blood Prince makes me cry. I'll admit it.

• Like Like x 1
  20. snowy

snowy so kawaii Staff Member

It makes me feel so, so sorry for Snape, who is, of course, my favorite character in the whole series.

[​IMG]