1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

Breast Feeding as the Gold Standard

Discussion in 'Tilted Life and Sexuality' started by Remixer, Oct 25, 2019.

1. Remixer

Remixer Middle Eastern Doofus

Saw an interesting Reddit thread today:

View: https://www.reddit.com/r/science/comments/dmpv7q/human_milk_has_fat_droplets_surrounded_by_a/

I know very little about the debates going on re: breastfeeding vs other methods (if there even are any), but would be interested in some feedback on the science.

As a general thought, it makes obvious sense that the nutrients supplied by the origin lifeform would be chemically tailored to be optimal for the effective and successful development of its direct offspring, and account for all the particulars of the race's/species' biochemical composition.

Interesting to see that long-standing efforts by food and nutrition scientists to create a competitive substitute seem to still be a long way off.

@genuinemommy would love your input on this, since I'm sure you've researched this topic to some extent as part of your planning for your own kids. Do you know if and how close we are to a real substitute to breast milk?