1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

Caitlyn Jenner

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by snowy, Jun 3, 2015.

1. omega

omega Very Tilted

There are a lot of people commenting on this thread who claim not to care about celebrities. I guess they think we want to hear them bloviating endlessly about how they are so anti celebrity they are. ;)

• Like Like x 5
  2. Lindy

Lindy Moderator Staff Member

Celebs are such a parasitic lot.

I try to pay them as little attention as possible. I watch little TV, and wouldn't recognize most celebs even if they walked right up to me. I'm embarrassed that I got suckered into this thread.

To me media whoring celebs challenge the the very idea that everyone is worthy of respect.
    The Krapdashian Klan is the worst of the bunch.

Jenner at least came to celebrity through genuine accomplishment.

• Like Like x 4
  3. Speed_Gibson

Speed_Gibson Hacking the Gibson

I actually have do have an interest following 'celebrities' and their lives. Most of the people that interest me are no longer alive though. The names I would throw out there are ones like Fred Allen, Peter Lorre, Orson Welles, Lana Turner, Lillian Gish, etc. Not saying that things have magically changed in the past 40-60+ years with the hollywo0d types, just that the current batch of famous people doesn't hold that much interest for me.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Baraka_Guru

Baraka_Guru Möderätor Staff Member

Uh, isn't it the media and the fans who are parasitic?

• Like Like x 2
  5. rogue49

rogue49 Tech Kung Fu Artist Staff Member

How about all the above?? :rolleyes:

• Like Like x 4
  6. Lindy

A parasite feeds off of its host. So do celebs have food value?
    I don't know if there is any food value in her silicone boobs, but(t) rendering Kim Kardka$hian's ass would probably yield up enough lard to do up a couple tons of french fries,:D which would feed a host of her fans. They'd even get to ingest something they'd been lusting over.;)
    The area between her legs ears probably wouldn't support much life.Vacuums just don't.

• Like Like x 1
  7. redux

redux Very Tilted

• Like Like x 1
  8. Japchae

Japchae Very Tilted

Some kids, definitely.

9. rogue49

rogue49 Tech Kung Fu Artist Staff Member

So this is a twist, in a different context...
    We have a NAACP leader who "identifies" as black...is actually found to be white.
    NAACP leader to speak Monday; parents say she lied on race

Now...the NAACP has to go through the decision making process. (and mindset change)
    to allow this woman who "identifies" as black to stay in her position (much less the rest of black society and people reorient too...and not get angry)

So, it's not JUST people reorienting to changes in sexuality and sex...but it seems they are going to have to handle changes in race or color.
    NOT just black to white...but now white to black.
    Will the black community be just as good handling the reverse as the more typical situation???

She's obviously very pro black...and fights for their positions.
    But will they accept the previous lie and not oust her??
    Or is it truly a "lie" if she truly identifies as black... (wouldn't it be in the same terms, she's black because she wants to be??? And asks people to treat her as such.)

This is an interesting situation...
    At least she doesn't have to deal with language changes. (unless someone refers to her as "black/white")

Last edited: Jun 13, 2015
  10. Lindy

In certain career areas declaring one's self black would probably open doors and smooth more pathways than it would close. Not to mention job security. No manager wants to be the one who tries to fire a black female employee.

• Like Like x 1
  11. martian

martian Server Monkey Staff Member

• Like Like x 2
  12. redravin

redravin Cynical Optimist Donor

I was coming to post this myself.
    He really knocked it out of the park.

13. POPEYE

POPEYE Very Tilted

I personally could care less, a 65 yr old man in need of attention. sad really

• Like Like x 2
  14. Chris Noyb

Chris Noyb Get in, buckle up, hang on, & be quiet.

I think you mean "I personally could not care less..."

Caitlyn* going public will probably help some people deal with transgender issues, which is a good thing,
    but I think Caitlyn* being a total attention whore is the main reason.

*A/K/A & F/K/A Bruce.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Baraka_Guru

You think Jenner is faking it?

16. Lindy

My mom is skeptical. She's a woman the same age as Ms. Jenner says that she must be Jenny come lately, because no mom in 1950 would have named her girl Caitlyn. And any self respecting 65 year old woman would be named Diane, Linda, Karen, Connie or something like that. Not some post-yuppy name like Caitlyn.

17. Baraka_Guru

It's Irish. Dylan Thomas was married to a Caitlin.

• Like Like x 1
  18. redux

redux Very Tilted

Kaitlin with a "K" would be too Kardashian.

19. POPEYE

POPEYE Very Tilted

No sir I do not think he's faking it. Over whelmed by the worldly money making women in his life maybe. And all this political correctness makes me disappointed in the people whom won't speak their mind. I believe what I said early on...........sad really

• Like Like x 1
  20. Chris Noyb

Chris Noyb Get in, buckle up, hang on, & be quiet.

This ^.

I don't mean just this thread, or even just the TFP.

There are probably many transgender supporters who are silently questioning how Jenner handled this.

There are probably many people who remember the '76 Olympics, the endorsements, TV appearances, etc. who are silently asking, "Bruce, what the hell?".

For those who weren't around for Bruce Jenner's glory days, he milked his Olympic fame for everything it was worth. Which made financial sense because he, like many amateur athletes, had few or no options for a professional sports career. Olympic Games fame is fleeting for most participants. The downside, for the purpose of this discussion, is Bruce Jenner will always be Bruce Jenner to many people.
    --- merged: Jul 14, 2015 2:46 PM ---
    --------------------------------------------------------

I have no doubt that once the media coverage dies down, the NAACP will quietly demote or remove Rachel Dolezal.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 21, 2015