1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

Camera shy... Anyone else hate having their picture taken?

Discussion in 'Tilted Life and Sexuality' started by Lindy, Jul 24, 2012.

1. ralphie250

ralphie250 Fully Erect Donor

my wife tells me that i need to have more taken so when im dead my daughter has some pictures of me.... with that said she hates having her made too. go figure,

• Like Like x 1
  2. Herculite

Herculite Very Tilted

I don't mind my picture being taken, I just hate what it looks like. My wife sucks at it herself being she can't pose to save her life (which is why I was so happy with her photo shoot, the photog got her posing fantastically)

• Like Like x 2
  3. Frankie

Frankie Slightly Tilted

It’s kinda funny how I hate to have my picture taken but on the other hand I’ve always been an exhibitionist.

• Like Like x 1
  4. ASU2003

ASU2003 Very Tilted

I either look really good or not so good in pictures.

5. xenonman New Member

I mainly hate it when it's a group photo, and the photographer can't seem to make up his/her mind about how to squeeze everyone in.

6. I absolutely hate having my picture taken. But, my wife and 5 kids love it. So.....I take pictures with a "smile".

• Like Like x 3
  7. DamnitAll

DamnitAll Wait... what?

All of this, many times over.

I don't have formal photography training, but three years ago I was lucky enough to be on a cruise with some instruction sessions offered by National Geographic photographers. Aside from those storied "rules" of photography that are often taught and shared—the rule of thirds, composition principles of balance, symmetry, contrast, line, etc.—the most surprising and impactful piece of advice I got about photographing people is to take them by surprise. All told, candid photos pack a stronger punch than posed photos.

As hesitant as I can be sometimes to whip out my massive and intimidating DSLR in front of people when they don't expect it, candid portraits are my very favorite type of photos to take.

And yet I feel super awkward taking selfies.

• Like Like x 4