1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

Food Chicken.

Discussion in 'Tilted Food' started by Taneytown, Nov 1, 2015.

1. Charlatan

Charlatan sous les pavés, la plage

My wife is teaching drama these days. She had to do a unit on comedy. She was going to show her class some famous comedy clips and I convinced her to show them Chicken Lady. The kids were blown away by the strange. She is now a legend for showing something so weird.

2. DAKA

DAKA DOING VERY NICELY, THANK YOU

We used to buy only chicken breasts, but at Costco I happened to get a bag of thighs mixed in, gotta' say the thighs are MUCH tastier.
    We only use breasts for parmesan now...
    So many recipes just "Bing" (much better than Google), chicken thighs...

3. Chris Noyb

Chris Noyb Get in, buckle up, hang on, & be quiet.

The breasts are healthier, but the lower amount of fat also makes them drier and less tasty.

When we get the huge chicken breasts (we semi-jokingly call them growth hormone breasts) that take forever to broil, hence the outer meat tends to be dry despite the fact we know to turn them often, we'll pound 'em flat and hit them with lots of seasoning. Or marinade them for a while, time allowing. The trick there is being careful with marinades that contain a lot of salt and/or vinegar, they can pre-cook the edges and make the outer meat tough.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2015
  4. Japchae

Japchae Very Tilted

If we do breasts, I use butter poaching from the kitchn... Always comes out perfect.

Rub a dish with butter on the bottom and sides. Rub the breasts with a light coating olive oil and season however. Here's the kicker... Make sure they're about an inch apart and cover the entire dish with parchment paper, pressing it down inside the dish along the sides, kinda sealing it. Bake at 375 for 25-27 minutes depending on the size of the breasts.