1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

Christmas Specials

Discussion in 'Tilted Entertainment' started by Redlemon, Dec 8, 2011.

1. Fremen

Fremen Allright, who stole my mustache?

Heh, we would do The Christmas Story as background noise, too, ZombieSquirrel .
    That, and the first two Home Alone's. :)

Another tradition every Christmas is watching The Man Who Came To Dinner.
    If you haven't seen it, I highly recommend you do. You're in for a treat.

2. snowy

snowy so kawaii Staff Member

I saw it as a play. My friend played Sheridan Whiteside. He was magnificent.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Fremen

My mom was in the play, as well. She played the nurse, in high school. She also played one of the aunts in Arsenic and Old Lace. :)

4. Freetofly

Freetofly Diving deep into the abyss

Christmas Vacation with the Griswolds. I can't believe that movie was released in 1989, where did the time go. I just love the squirrel in the tree scence. Lord it makes me laugh everytime.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Bear Cub

Bear Cub Goes down smooth.

6. uncle phil

uncle phil Moderator Emeritus (and sorely missed) Staff Member Donor

^ god, i can't stand that movie...

7. I think the only movies I've seen mentioned are Scrooged, Rudolph (the claymation one?), and Nightmare Before Christmas. I never saw Nightmare until 3-4 years ago. I think I had a sheltered childhood. I should pick Scrooged up though, I love Bill Murray.

8. Bear Cub

Bear Cub Goes down smooth.

Blasphemy!

• Like Like x 2
  9. streak_56

streak_56 I'm doing something, going somewhere...

Claymation Rudolph is always my favourite!!! And the Grinch who Stole Christmas (not the Jim Carey version).

10. paddyjoe

paddyjoe curious

I'll watch almost every remake of A Christmas Carol.

Even the Mr. Magoo version!

WHAT!!

• Like Like x 1
  11. Speed_Gibson

Speed_Gibson Hacking the Gibson

My sister played one of the aunts in Arsenic and Old Lace in high school. That film ranks up in my top ten of all time and genres ever, and maybe top five. A bit lower on that list would His Girl Friday also starring Cary Grant of course.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Fremen

A couple of other of Grant's films she got me turned on to are Father Goose, and of course, North By Northwest.
    He was just an overall good, versatile actor.

13. Now that I'm a mommy, I'm hoping to start a tradition with BabySquirrel where she opens one present on Christmas Eve that includes PJs, popcorn and a new Christmas movie. I probably won't start this until her 3rd, Christmas, but I'd like to start a healthy list of movies to start the tradition. The movies will be age appropriate so they grow with her. For the first 2-3 years, I am getting her books. I thought I'd stop at 18, but I think as long as there are movies, I'll keep doing it. I'll save Die Hard for when she's in her 20's. ;-)

So far my list is:
    1. Rudolph
    2. Frosty
    3. Santa Clause is Coming to Town
    4. How the Grinch Stole Christmas (animation)
    5. A Muppet Christmas
    6. A Christmas Carol (in some format)
    7. Charlie Brown Christmas Story
    8. Prancer
    9. Santa Claus (The one with Dudley Moore and John Lithgow)
    10. Home Alone
    11. The Santa Clause
    12. Elf
    13. A Christmas Story
    14. A Nightmare Before Christmas
    15. Miracle on 34th Street
    16. White Christmas
    17. It's a Wonderful Life
    18. Christmas Vacation
    19. Gremlins (Totally a Christmas Movie)
    20. Scrooged
    21. Love Actually (For when she's older)
    22. Die Hard
    So excited!
    When she gets older, we'll have some peppermint schnapp's in her cocoa. ;-)

14. Borla

Borla Moderator Staff Member

No "Bad Santa"?

• Like Like x 1
  15. Chris Noyb

Chris Noyb Get in, buckle up, hang on, & be quiet.

Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer. The kid in me loves this one, it's a true classic.
    Yes, Virginia.
    How the Grinch Stole Christmas. The original animated one, please.
    Miracle on 34th Street. The original black & white version, please.

I'm not too found of the others, but since we don't have children or grand children, I might be missing some really good ones.

Bad(der) Santa was pretty funny.

I'd like to re-make It's A Wonderful Life. George would beat the living shit out of Uncle Billy, a savage beating, for losing the money, & he would throw Potter in the river and watch him drown.

Last edited: Dec 12, 2014
  16. Charlatan

Charlatan sous les pavés, la plage

Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer was recorded using a bunch of voice actors from Toronto. The guy who played the Hermie, the elf who wants to be a dentist, was played by Paul Soles. Solesisthe guy that did the voice of Peter Parker and Spiderman in the animated version from the 60s. The guy that played Yukon Cornelius played J. Jonah Jameson (Parker!!! Stop being a 'bumble!).

17. Speed_Gibson

Earnest save Christmas - I like all of those films for the stupid-yet--still-funny quality Jim envelops perfectly in them. Saw part of the Christmas one again yesterday at work and I was instantly thinking of some of the bits including when Earnest is pulling Verne's lights out of the drywall while "helping" him.

• Like Like x 1
  18. snowy

snowy so kawaii Staff Member

White Christmas is a longstanding tradition in my house, to the point that my mom came over to watch it with me a couple years ago when I had my wisdom teeth out. I love that movie more than any other Christmas movie. I think you're starting a great tradition.

19. Speed_Gibson

Der Bingle! I still rate the Road films and his Father O'Malley films over this, but I do love that one.

• Like Like x 1