1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

CHROMEBOOK

Discussion in 'Tilted Gear' started by DAKA, Jan 27, 2014.

1. DAKA

DAKA DOING VERY NICELY, THANK YOU

After mucho investigation, I found the PERFECT "computer" FOR ME
    Since I only use a computer for message boards, email, surfing, ebay etc, and I don't download music, no graphics, or games, no banking.....nothing "complicated.....Apple (the small ones) too expensive, any of the small laptops seem to get into problems (my limited experience to handle the tech) I went to Best Buy and there it was, ACER 720P, CHROMEBOOK, the best part is that there was/is a Google rep in the store every afternoon....
    Holy cow, this thing is EASY to use....
    It "boots up" in 7 seconds after opening the lid, and so far, and I have been told, I will not have the Microsoft problems.......keep in mind that I am, and I admit it, computer illiterate....
    I LOVE this thing (YMMV)

• Like Like x 1
  2. DAKA

DAKA DOING VERY NICELY, THANK YOU

Over a month into this CHROMEBOOK and I am still loving it, the system is a bit different than Windows but holy s**t it is fast and for my use.....GREAT.

3. Chromebooks are great little devices in the right hands.

I need my machines to have a little bit more power, which is why I still use a full-sized laptop.

To each his own.