1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

Collectable Sega Saturn games...

Discussion in 'Tilted Entertainment' started by boink, Dec 12, 2021.

1. boink

boink Slightly Tilted

Hey all... anyone have, or had a Sega Saturn console ?

I have one and some collectible games for it.
    I'm sort of torn about selling the big money games because I like having rare things. But one is sort of tedious, an RPG commanding big money, and one is a gun game that won't work with modern TVs
    According to closed items on eBay they really do bring in the cash. And I could use that cash for a new timeing belt.
    The RPG could be watched all the way on utube.
    If you know Saturn you might want to know the games.
    Panzer Dragoon, Zwei and Saga all of them in nice shape.
    House of the Dead gun game
    Resident Evil
    I think that's it but all together it's close to 2 grand before ebay takes out taxes.

Reviews of panzer dragoon saga say that the grinding has been removed but to me it feels like a grind, and feels like it lacks direction. Maybe that's part of RPG games... wandering for the next encounter....but I get lost on the map...I don't get the magic aspect or how to use it...I got them all cheap at funcoland so whatever I get would be a giant windfall.

Wonder if I should message someone administering a Saturn focused FB group or take a chance on ebay bidding.
    All are available on ebay but ask $150-$250+ for the single disc games and $1000-1500+ for the 4 disc RPG.

I've been trying to save money for a giant project but I keep getting knocked back with various things... plumbing and car maintenance.

What to do...
    Regardless I am looking at a home equity loan for my giant project. But selling a few things won't hurt that effort. It's a truck I own that needs an engine and I need the truck alive to help with home maintenance and also rescue it from loosing value for being somewhat dead from mice eating and pissing on the ECU etc.
    Dead, the truck is about 8k, alive it could be 25-30k value to sell but I love it and won't sell it.
    Recent eBay for a similar truck was 26k

TFP is being super slow for me so I may have a hard time replying. Seems to be medium slow today.

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. fflowley

fflowley Don't just do something, stand there!

That seems like an easy decision to me. Sell the games you aren't really using to fund essential projects.
    Once they are gone you won't miss them.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. boink

boink Slightly Tilted

I kinda miss them already.
    I wanted to get into the game assets and extract enemy creature models and textures for converting to phisical paper models. Just from the rpg game. Someone knows how to do that and I wanted to try it.

Your right but I get attached to things. But your right again I have bigger more important things to do.

It's rare when you buy something and it blows up in value so I guess I'm also hesitant because I don't want to blow my chance to get the most out of it too.

Last edited: Dec 13, 2021
    • Agree Agree x 1