1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

[Collective Commons] Star Wars: the Creativity and the Culture

Discussion in 'Tilted Entertainment' started by Jetée, May 25, 2012.

1. Jetée

Jetée Getting titled

On this day in 1977, (35 years ago) George Lucas’s classic was released in theaters, and a new counter-culture was subsequently born from the influence and imagination of millions conforming to one ideal.

- - - - -

This is...
    [​IMG]
    An original 1977 North American theatrical film poster, designed by Tom Jung.

- - - - -

[​IMG]

- - - - -

I want to give young people some sort of faraway, exotic environment for their imaginations to run free. I have a strong feeling about interesting people in space exploration. I want them to get beyond the basic stupidities of the moment and think about colonizing Venus and Mars. And the only way it's going to happen is to have some kid fantasize about getting his ray gun, jumping in his spacesuit and flying off into outer space.
    —Director George Lucas on STAR WARS​

• Like Like x 1
  2. Speed_Gibson

Speed_Gibson Hacking the Gibson

Looks like Disney used that 1977 poster as inspiration for the original TRON movie poster. And why couldn't that outfit that Princess Leia is wearing there have made it into the film?

3. rogue49

rogue49 Tech Kung Fu Artist Staff Member

Live it, Love it. :cool:

4. Jetée

Jetée Getting titled

5. Jetée

Jetée Getting titled

6. Jetée

Jetée Getting titled

[​IMG]
    "Progression" (Points of reference)

[chime.in]

Last edited: Jun 6, 2012
  7. MeltedMetalGlob

MeltedMetalGlob Resident Loser Donor

• Like Like x 1
  8. Jetée

Jetée Getting titled

That is amazing; the timing; and the hilarity! (trying to view/comprehend something in two languages concurrently, tho, is quite confusing.)
    Thanks for contributing a quality addition, MeltedMetalGlob - most appreciative, am I.

Moreover, I mentioned the timing aspect off the bat, well, because, I, too, have a visual to share: (one I was supposed to share on the 25th of last month, but, oh well...)

Here I present to you, faithful audience... (taking place in a galaxy and language far, far away)
    “Guerres des Etoiles Existentielles”

Never hurts quite enough ... The Existential Star Wars: Sartre Meets Darth Vader | Open Culture

• Like Like x 1
  9. Jetée

Jetée Getting titled

[​IMG]
    illustation by ~thesealord (Australia)

10. Jetée

Jetée Getting titled

[​IMG]
    Darth Vader BBQ by Kim Herbst

author's comments:
    Originally for a Darth Vader-themed book put together by Josh Frost, this concept came up while unemployed in New York City last year.
    Needless to say, the end result seems to be enjoyed by many!

[likecool. / multiforme.]

11. Jetée

Jetée Getting titled

[​IMG]
    San Diego Comic-Con (2010) -- Photo: Mike Blake/Reuters

• Like Like x 2
  12. Jetée

Jetée Getting titled

[​IMG]
    That's no moon.[-pie]

...order the "Dark Vador" (their spelling) burger, which features a bun dyed as black
    as Vader's heart (the chain says it uses a "vegetable coloring agent" to get the black bun).
    Quick (a European fast-food chain that's similar to McDonald's) is calling this the "first
    black coloured burger ever created." Red pepper slices and cheese top the burger patty.

Read More...

13. Jetée

Jetée Getting titled

[​IMG]
    Starwars Burlesque at The Vanguard (42 King Street, Newtown, Sydney, Australia.)

+ bonus

Burlesque Troupe: Gorilla Tango Burlesque
    Show: Superboobs: A Superhero Burlesque Adventure

[chicagoburlesque.]

Last edited: Jun 20, 2012
  14. Jetée

Jetée Getting titled

15. Jetée

Jetée Getting titled

[​IMG]
    "He's worth a lot to me."

-------------------------
    * - re-imagined

Last edited: Jun 25, 2012
  16. Jetée

Jetée Getting titled

[​IMG]
    Behind the scenes look at the opening text crawl shoot for Empire Strikes Back (Ep. V).

17. Jetée

Jetée Getting titled

Last edited: Jul 3, 2012
  18. Jetée

Jetée Getting titled

19. Jetée

Jetée Getting titled

• Like Like x 1
  20. m0rpheus

m0rpheus Getting Tilted

A classic.