1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

[COMPLETED] EMERGENCY MAINTENANCE: Wednesday, 17 April @2:00 AM EDT

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by martian, Apr 17, 2013.

1. martian

martian Server Monkey Staff Member

Hey guys,

Our hosting provider suffered a security breach over the weekend. As a consequence I'll be taking the site down for about an hour tonight to perform some quick maintenance -- just checking all the seams, making sure we're set. I'll post to this thread when we're back up and running.

• Like Like x 4
  2. Fremen

Fremen Allright, who stole my mustache?

Good to know.

I hope the little buggers don't get access to my super secret mustache recipe I'm working on. :mad:

3. martian

Sorry, I should have been more clear. This is absolutely nothing to worry about. There's no evidence that our server was the intended target of any malicious activity, nor is there any sign that it's been affected. This is simply a precautionary measure on my part.

• Like Like x 4
  4. snowy

snowy so kawaii Staff Member

Thanks for your hard work, Martian!

• Like Like x 5
  5. martian

And we're back, and better than ever. Thanks for your patience, folks.

• Like Like x 5
  6. Speed_Gibson

Speed_Gibson Hacking the Gibson

I found a formula that is a bit slow but works well enough. Maybe you dropped the one you had stashed.

edit: almost vaguely ontopic - the site has been significantly faster lately than it was before. That has been good to see.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2013
  7. rogue49

rogue49 Tech Kung Fu Artist Staff Member

Actually, it's kind of a cool thought that this board needs to put out an alert warning down time at 2 am EST.
    That its members are accessing it 24/7 and globally.
    Random thoughts at all times. :cool:

Thanks for the effort, I know I appreciate it.

8. kramus

kramus what I might see

I'm 7 hours further into the day than I usually am, and have been for the last 9-10 days. I noticed this morning (dead of night for Martian & other EST folk) that TFP was dead in the water. Figured our 4th planet friend was servering away & kept calm, carried on.