1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

Compulsive filosophy

Discussion in 'Tilted Art, Photography, Music & Literature' started by bow35, Oct 16, 2012.

1. bow35

bow35 Vertical

2. Zen

Zen Very Tilted

Hi

I can see where you're going with this.
    I appreciate your message .... "My philosophy is inside me, and I cant put it into words, damn words, but I don't want to just gin-a-ling-a-ling"
    This is the central focus. Roll it around in your mind and on your lips, with and without the percussion, until your ideas flow easily.

at the moment, it's gotta be called 'idea in its early stages', because you are often searching for 'what next'. Some of the bits yuo find next work very well. Others disrupt and confuse your flow, sometimes losing the rythm altogether.

I notice that when you got to the 'Haleh BaLeh' section, your rhythm became much more even. Try sing/talking the ideas again and again, until they flow better inside you, Then record it, Then see if it is as good as the best you remember doing, Then record it again.

Say what equipment you are using and how you are recording it, and I might have some more ideas.

Well done on what you've done so far. You CAN improve and I want to hear your next version, a better version. I know you can do it, and I know that you are sincere. I respect you.

Best wishes.

3. bow35

bow35 Vertical

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 24, 2012
  4. bow35

bow35 Vertical

I like: "My philosophy is inside me, and I cant put it into words, damn words, but I don't want to just gin-a-ling-a-ling". I didn't read it properly till now

5. bow35

bow35 Vertical

6. Zen

Zen Very Tilted

Hello, Bow.

I think this is a great development. You avoided 'just gin-a-ling-a-ling' ... and also avoideed getting bogged down in English words.

I like the way you did the peice in three movements.

First, from the beginning
    "Perepe-peh-peh-parapam."

You established a very precise rhythm

Then, you kept the Rhythm, but added words which stood for your feelings which canNOT be put into ordinary words of English Language.
    1:51 "Bara heh a mara mara he
    Mana mana hem-maya"

The rhythm had been like a scaffolding which enabled you to build the building ... and when it had done it's work, you were able to put it away away and go on to the third movement:

2:40 "Beham baehi ai-eee-oh."
    Here, the powerful beat has gone away - it is just a memory. Your 'inner' words are able to fly on their OWN wings. Your 'inner' words make their own Flow ... like the Sea, or liek the flow of your blood.

Well done, and respect to you, Bow.

Now I want you to listen to one of my favourite groups ... Dead Can Dance. I think they do something similar to where you might travel ... but they work with more instruments. At the moment, you are, I think, creating a rhythm with your hand, or have a small drum machine in the background. Now I KNOW that YOU can hear a lot more than you put in the recording. Your first movement was not only working with complex rhythm and beat, it was also moving to different chords .... but, of course, all we can hear is your voice, so we have to guess what you are doing and where you are going. But I know you are doing more then we hear.

Listen to how Dead Can Dance are doing similar things ... NOT THE SAME ... but Similar things to what you are working toward: they are working with rhythm, flow, chanting, and mystical words.

I am not asking you to copy them. I am just asking you to enjoy listening to them as much as I have enjoyed and appreciated listening to Your work.

Best wishes to you :)

7. bow35

bow35 Vertical

Great music. How can I have missed them? Is it portuguise he sings in the beginning? Or is tung? I think Deosh is the word for God in Portuguise.

And thank you for your positive analysis on my pice. Respect!