1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

Computer/tech hardware lifecycles

Discussion in 'Tilted Gear' started by Baraka_Guru, Jun 19, 2012.

1. RedSneaker

RedSneaker Very Tilted

YOLO baby, YOLO!!

2. Baraka_Guru

Baraka_Guru Möderätor Staff Member

So this got done. I have Windows 7!

But now I can't get it to install the drivers on my Wireless USB (D-Link DWA-125) [ethernet is fried, which is why I have it]. The installation program says it can't find the adapter, and Windows says it can't find the drivers. Both of them are idiots.

Ubuntu set up this shit without even asking me.

So, yeah, I have no Internet connection.

[EDIT: Never mind. I figured it out. Goddamn, Windows is still so convoluted.]

Last edited: Jun 5, 2014
  3. EventHorizon

EventHorizon assuredly the cause of the angry Economy..

stats.jpg
    I have a 2nd GTX 460 with the SLI bridge connected not shown

4. rogue49

rogue49 Tech Kung Fu Artist Staff Member

I just saw this...and I know it's been coming...HTTP/2
    Why your web surfing will get faster within weeks

Now, this is not to address the new protocol, which will likely improve internet usage,
    but...the question is, will there need to be Browser, OS and even HW changes...patches and upgrades, etc. to fully leverage this??

I suspect so...nothing in computers is a solution onto itself...but more often, you have to build and write distinctly for it, to leverage this fully.
    I've seen it for most every change I've seen in the past. (64-bit, multi-core, multithreading, newer versions of HTML, etc and so on...)

It's not magic, computers need to be told directly how to work with things. (and usually, if it's "already there" means that you're using something underlying that already written for it)

What do you think?

5. Baraka_Guru

Baraka_Guru Möderätor Staff Member

Not much info in the article, but it sounds like a coding thing on websites mainly. That, and browsers figuring out how to render old and new code.

This from the link in the article:

Last edited: Feb 24, 2015
  6. POPEYE

POPEYE Very Tilted

Ok, so I broke down a bought some blue tooth ear buds. I recently started streaming music. The radio stations don't play what I want when I want.
    Here's what's wrong. I can't access the internet while My bluetooth is streaming. I don't undetstand.