1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Hey Guest!
The donation button is here.
https://goo.gl/aFggcs
Dismiss Notice
Guest, some new updates and fixes were done. Please let staff know if anything is funky or wonky!!!

Politics Congress - the body you love to hate

Discussion in 'Tilted Philosophy, Politics, and Economics' started by rogue49, Apr 20, 2012.

1. rogue49

rogue49 Tech Kung Fu Artist Staff Member Donor

Nancy Pelosi Has Trump Right Where She Wants Him

I understand the idea of letting your enemies fail due to their own weaknesses.
    But will this work???

I guess it's all she has...The Dems are now in a middle of a lovers spat with the new Brazile/Clinton reveal...although, others are saying this is typical and old-hat. (besides...you take the money, you sign the paper...)
    And they really don't have any inspiring message or a unified base (lots of wanderers are in the Dems corner, don't do lock-step well)

There you go...
    If you don't have the stuff...wait for the players to fuck up and fumble.
    Any given Sunday. :rolleyes:

2. rogue49

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. ASU2003

ASU2003 Slightly Tilted

Maybe the Congress should reign in the ability of the President from being able to attack foreign countries without getting an approval from Congress to go to war.

• Like Like x 1
  4. rogue49

Revoke the War Powers Act...go back to straight Constitution for now. Besides, it would put some responsibility onto Congress for a change.
    But that's why the WP was done, because Congress is often NOT responsible and too slow. Things move fast in war and reality.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. ASU2003

ASU2003 Slightly Tilted

I'm not sure it moves that fast. And the rules of Congress could be updated if this was a problem. Even if it was done afterwards, Congress should still have to approve of any actions.