1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

Politics Congress - the body you love to hate

Discussion in 'Tilted Philosophy, Politics, and Economics' started by rogue49, Apr 20, 2012.

1. Chris Noyb

Chris Noyb Get in, buckle up, hang on, & be quiet.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Chris Noyb

• Like Like x 1
  3. rogue49

rogue49 Tech Kung Fu Artist Staff Member

• Like Like x 1
  4. Chris Noyb

Setting aside the weird father-son equals thing going on, yes, the potentional security risks are huge.

I keep seeing Mike Johnson as televangelist, he would've fit right in with the major ones in the '80s.

• Agree Agree x 3
  5. boink

boink Slightly Tilted

Less freedom is less freedom.
    Jesus prison is still prison
    Fuck off Mike Johnson and your Covenant spy software you monitor your kid with that you learn about at a fucking promise keeper rally.

6. Chris Noyb

Hopefully this is the correct thread for this post, Marjorie Taylor Greene = HOR = Part of Congress.

How many frivolous impeachment motions do we have to tolerate?

Republican Marjorie Taylor Greene moves to impeach US homeland security secretary

Are we going to get an impeachment motion every time a MAGAtard politician (or even a "normal" Republican) disagrees with Biden's policies? Are there enough Repub House members with backbones to shut this crap down?

• Like Like x 2
  7. Chris Noyb

8. rogue49

Last edited: Nov 10, 2023
    • Like Like x 1
  9. boink

boink Slightly Tilted

Funny we both saw this at about the same time.
    To be honest, my pov comes from a childhood where a 70's era Playboy was a big deal to have stashed away. And I think the prevailing attitude was wanking is normal.
    Totally different world in this regard today.
    But

10. Chris Noyb

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Chris Noyb

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. Chris Noyb

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  13. Chris Noyb

• Like Like x 1
  14. boink

boink Slightly Tilted

View: https://youtu.be/mPsQOPY6_MA?si=UGrZaXWv6R3Honmw

Young earther. Not really surprised but dang, I see this as equivalent with flat earthers.

Religion attached to moral compass ? Ludicrous, you can easily find a lot of info on this. From morally bankrupt scripture to actual behavior in modern society.

15. Chris Noyb

• Like Like x 2
  16. boink

boink Slightly Tilted

It sounded GS wants to tell tales about his colleagues, all their nasty sausage making techniques. That would be good and in keeping with his goals of self enrichment.
    Once recognized as a lier at heart and true scumbag earned him the confidence of other established scum I'd imagine he's learned a bit about some folks. Especially being gay he may have some extra spicy meatballs to go with the sausage recipes.

Funny how you gain access to the lying backstabber club and relax and spill your beans thinking...were all friends here, but, lol, backstabbers have no friends, only leverages that reveal the true nature of "Promise Keepers" fraternity of evils.

Maybe the club has realized his cannon is too loose for them to trust.

17. Chris Noyb

I can see him writing a book...but just about any publisher would want to be extremely cautious about trusting anything Santos says.

Something more likely, perhaps? Santos on some idiotic "reality" show. Maybe he could be a "reporter" for one of the entertainment news shows. He could go on rattlesnake hunts in W. Texas, or go catfish noodling in Alabama. ;)

18. Chris Noyb

• Like Like x 2
  19. rogue49

House expels George Santos in historic vote

FINALLY! They do the right thing!
    About damn time.

And this was just for a freshman representative...with barely any support or allies.

It's incredible the hurtles that the US government has to go through to deal with toxic people.
    And the hand-wringing politicians do to act.

But the deed is done.

Now to work on the other shmucks...

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  20. Chris Noyb

The claim from some Repubs that "we're setting a dangerous precedent because he wasn't found guilty in a court of law" is pure hypocritical bullshit. A Dem would be bounced the first time around, & that first procedure would've taken place much quicker.

I now hope George Santos get nailed legally. He isn't someone who made a few serious mistakes innocently, he's some kind of sociopath who had no problem knowingly breaking many laws and rules.

Where does this leave the House? We have a little over 11 months before we know what the next House will look like.

• Agree Agree x 1