1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Hey Guest!
The donation button is here.
https://goo.gl/aFggcs

Cookware...Pots

Discussion in 'Tilted Food' started by DAKA, Jul 10, 2019.

1. DAKA

DAKA Bent out of shape Donor

I am going to replace some of our "old" pots, the 2 and 3 quart ones, and a few frying pans.
    Getting away from the Teflon stuff....
    Looking at Amazon .. there are so many at so varied prices...
    I'd like to buy US made products if possible...$$$, but the price differential is huge.
    What have you found to be good..we do quite a bit of cooking
    tnx

2. redravin

redravin Cynical Optimist Donor

Cuisinart makes decent pans and they won't break you.
    I love my All-Clad and would always recommend those but they are a little more pricey.
    For the pots you want good lids and thick bottoms that can take variable heat.

3. Stan

Stan Resident Dumbass Donor

I use Le Creuset stainless. Again pricey; but very nice. You may want to fondle the handles on whatever you choose, my wife hated the All-Clad handles (I liked em just fine).

I'm all for saving money; but if you cook a lot, nice pans and knives make a big difference.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Lindy

Lindy Moderator Staff Member Donor

I use mostly a set of Revereware pots & pans made in the 1950s. Bought at an estate sale. Stainless with copper clad bottoms and yes, Made in USA. A few cast-iron items, a Dutch oven, a frying pan, and a comal (very shallow Mexican cast-iron for making tortillas.) Comal also good wiith fish because of the shallow edges.
    I've replaced a couple of the Revereware bakelite handles and I love the domed lids.:)

My only non-stick is a set of three from Walmart. Cost $19.99 for the set. Other than frying eggs, I rarely use non-stick.:)

5. DAKA

DAKA Bent out of shape Donor

Thanks all, I am trying to justify the All Clad being 3 x the price of Cuisinart...I just don't like to buy China...